Proposal: Canucks and Penguins

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
nucks fans thought they were the best team in the west a couple weeks ago.

settle down nucks fan
Not one not Pejorative Slured Canucks fan thought that. Can you say that about the leafs and their fans?

Reactions: bh53

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Not one not Pejorative Slur Canucks fan thought that. Can you say that about the leafs and their fans?

Actually, according to acquaintances and friends I know who are Canucks fans, some of them seem to be quite arrogant about our team. We might barely make the playoff spot, yet they think we have the potential to become the best. Leafs fans I cannot judge, nor can you.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
They laugh? Okay so your credibility just went out the window..

It’s at worst a lateral move. Boeser is an excellent player and he fills a need. I love Guentzel but I’d do this.
They really do laugh. Based on Jake's age play and contract they are very few players who pitt would trade straight up... brock is not one of them ...

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Leafs fan wants literally anyone else to settle down. Yeah, ok. I bet you think the leafs are going all the way.

If you look closely, I chirped a Leaf in my comment. By no means do I think they’re going all the way at all. Not even close, but this ain’t about that, it’s about how overrated Brock Boeser is and how Canucks fans should be driving Boeser to the airport for a player like Guentzel.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Guentzel is able to accomplish what he does without being lucky like Boeser.
LMAO what a trash post. Guentzel is the better player but calling Boeser lucky? Give your head a shake. Playing on a dumpster of a team the last 3 years is lucky now?? If you want to talk about luck, getting to play with Crosby night in and night out is pretty damn lucky.

Reactions: bh53

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Boeser for Guentzel

***Assuming Guentzel returns from injury the same productive player. Especially now with the season on hold, he’s on pace to return for a playoff run so we can see him play.

***Assuming Toffoli wants to re-sign.

Canucks have Toffoli and Virtanen as top 6 RW’s, and get a big upgrade over Pearson for their top 6 LW.

Penguins now have Zucker, and a bunch of left hand wingers than can take over a top 6 LW spot. But after Rust our right hand shot forward group is thin. Hornqvist is getting older and doesn’t play well with Malkin anyways.

Both players are ~ 0.82ppg career players.

Even swap, need for need.

Guentzel-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-EP-Toffoli

Zucker-Crosby-Boeser
McCann-Malkin-Rust

No.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
LMAO what a trash post. Guentzel is the better player but calling Boeser lucky? Give your head a shake. Playing on a dumpster of a team the last 3 years is lucky now?? If you want to talk about luck, getting to play with Crosby night in and night out is pretty damn lucky.
I have it on very good authority that Boeser’s success comes from luck.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

He was making a joke about when Matt Murray called Boeser lucky after he scored a hat trick against him

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
This is a lateral move at best for both.
That’s the point though. Even players but they play different positions and fill different needs for both clubs.

Pens need a top 6 RW, and have a plethora of left hand shot wingers. Canucks need a top 6 LW, and have Toffoli and Virtanen to fill the RW spots.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That’s the point though. Even players but they play different positions and fill different needs for both clubs.

Pens need a top 6 RW, and have a plethora of left hand shot wingers. Canucks need a top 6 LW, and have Toffoli and Virtanen to fill the RW spots.

The solution to that isn't to trade their best winger, who has incredible chemistry with both centers, and is a playoff monster.

The Pens could have added a top 6 RH RW this past deadline had they ponied up, and it wouldn't have cost anything like Guentzel. They could do it next year too if they so chose.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He was making a joke about when Matt Murray called Boeser lucky after he scored a hat trick against him
Scoring against murray ain't exactly hard!!!!!
But serious jake is a young 40 plus goals 75 to 85 point guy with a good contract That's puts him somewhere in the marner range ish....

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think they are extremely even players. Guentzel has proven to be a beast in the playoffs which is crucial... but to be fair Boeser hasn’t had the same opportunity to prove that.

I don't think it's really even at all at this point. Jake is a better defensive player, he has produced more, he has won more, and he has proven to be clutch when needed. Not saying Boeser cannot do those things, but for what the resume is right now, if the deal were Boeser for Guentzel, it most certainly wouldn't be a 1 for 1.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I don't think it's really even at all at this point. Jake is a better defensive player, he has produced more, he has won more, and he has proven to be clutch when needed. Not saying Boeser cannot do those things, but for what the resume is right now, if the deal were Boeser for Guentzel, it most certainly wouldn't be a 1 for 1.

Guentzel helped carry his team to the playoffs; Boeser didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad