Proposal: Canucks and Penguins

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Boeser for Guentzel

***Assuming Guentzel returns from injury the same productive player. Especially now with the season on hold, he’s on pace to return for a playoff run so we can see him play.

***Assuming Toffoli wants to re-sign.

Canucks have Toffoli and Virtanen as top 6 RW’s, and get a big upgrade over Pearson for their top 6 LW.

Penguins now have Zucker, and a bunch of left hand wingers than can take over a top 6 LW spot. But after Rust our right hand shot forward group is thin. Hornqvist is getting older and doesn’t play well with Malkin anyways.

Both players are ~ 0.82ppg career players.

Even swap, need for need.

Guentzel-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-EP-Toffoli

Zucker-Crosby-Boeser
McCann-Malkin-Rust

Phil Brooks

Jun 26, 2019
Chicago, IL
Penguins won't do this. Guentzel has chemistry with Crosby and can put up 40 goals, also cost controlled for 2 more years than Boeser at a similar AAV.

That's not to say Boeser wouldn't be able to do the same if he played with Crosby but if you're Pittsburgh, why take that chance.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm higher on Boeser than most Canucks fans right now, but I'd say Guentzel is the better player. Don't see why PIT would do this. Guentzel is also on a very team-friendly contract for the long-term.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Boeser always toasts the Pens, not playing us twice a season might effect his goal totals.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Boeser for Guentzel

***Assuming Guentzel returns from injury the same productive player. Especially now with the season on hold, he’s on pace to return for a playoff run so we can see him play.

***Assuming Toffoli wants to re-sign.

Canucks have Toffoli and Virtanen as top 6 RW’s, and get a big upgrade over Pearson for their top 6 LW.

Penguins now have Zucker, and a bunch of left hand wingers than can take over a top 6 LW spot. But after Rust our right hand shot forward group is thin. Hornqvist is getting older and doesn’t play well with Malkin anyways.

Both players are ~ 0.82ppg career players.

Even swap, need for need.

Guentzel-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-EP-Toffoli

Zucker-Crosby-Boeser
McCann-Malkin-Rust
God NO..... jake stays ...come on

Love

Feb 29, 2012
So they have the same PPG but the guy who is older and plays with Malkin and Crosby is clearly more valuable... ok.

Reactions: bh53

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Guentzel is far better. Boeser is one of the most overrated players on these boards, guy has Tavares level skating written all over him. Once again, SETTLE DOWN CANUCKS FANS.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Guentzel is far better. Boeser is one of the most overrated players on these boards, guy has Tavares level skating written all over him. Once again, SETTLE DOWN CANUCKS FANS.
Leafs fan wants literally anyone else to settle down. Yeah, ok. I bet you think the leafs are going all the way.

Reactions: bh53

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Leafs fan wants literally anyone else to settle down. Yeah, ok. I bet you think the leafs are going all the way.

Dude, he's right. Guentzel has better skating and shot than Boeser does. Also, the latter is injury-prone, so this guy has a point. However, I don't commend the Leafs that much.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
why do the pens do this? guentzel has played at a level Boeser hasn't come close to (40g last year, ppg+ this year)

Guentzel: 20g/43pts in 39 games
Boeser: 16g/45pts in 57 games

a significant add would be needed

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
why do the pens do this? guentzel has played at a level Boeser hasn't come close to (40g last year, ppg+ this year)

Guentzel: 20g/43pts in 39 games
Boeser: 16g/45pts in 57 games

a significant add would be needed

Yeah, Boeser is far underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad