Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 - Jets 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
In the GDT I said my woman and I would be watching the game. :popcorn:

We found something better to do with our time. :cool:

christina-ricci-wednesday.gif
Perhaps you were co-opted by a clever woman that drew you away from the TV screen.:DD

Last edited:

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
With a health Vilardi
Connor Scheifele Ehlers
Vilardi Monahan Spicoli
Iafallo Lowry Neo
Perfetti Namestnikov Barron
At least to start the playoffs anyway.
Jet 31 you surprise me: Toffoli/Spicoli....spic.....look up the latter in a dictionary, It's offensive.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Nothing has changed I see. When I lived there and went to a 1.0 game I was wearing my Jets jersey and got beer poured on me. I guess never winning a cup in 70

^ That’s absolutely f***ing brutal

After the game the boisterous “f the jets” outside chants after were just unnecessary. There were also chants of “we want Vegas”

Yes. I hope they do get Vegas in the first round.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
True. But a stint in the minors can certainly play a positive role in ones development.
I wonder if the Hartman incident plays a role?
36 gp 10g-14 assists pre Harman incident on December 30th.
23 gp 3 g-3 assists post Harman accusing him of lying on January 5th, 3 points of which came in a single game vs Columbus.
Anything is possible, but I don't think the minors would help his confidence. Certainly, he is not a one-dimensional young forward who needs to work on other facets of his game (not to mention any names).

If you look at his entire NHL career of 130 NHL games at barely 22 years of age, Perfetti is scoring at a mid-40s pace (per 82 games). Over the first half of the season, as you point out, he was scoring at a mid-50s pace. That is Bryan Little level of production without the Little level of opportunity.

This is nothing more than a slump that tons of players go through--Wheeler being the most notorious--and he will come through it, given the opportunity. I'm glad he didn't play last in last night's debacle, but I don't see much opportunity for him with the new additions, unless there are injury problems.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yet they're still 10-6 during that time period, which paces for 100+ point season

If all you wanted to do was win corsi matchups and didn't give a shit about wins and losses, you oghtta trade Helle and spend that cap on a winger who shoots a lot and replace Helle with a league minimum goalie
Did you read the whole thread? The Jets are getting crushed in the shot metrics by Top 10 teams. Sub 40%. Even with Vezina level goaltending, your chances of getting past the first round playing like the Jets have been playing are slim.

Teams losing the 5v5 Corsi in a playoff series have a .385 series win %.

The Jets need to sort this out because if they don't finish at the top of the division, they'll be playing a Top 10 team in the first round...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Isn't he the one who said the faceoff stats are not important.
I'm so sick of corsi stats.
You win the corsi but lose the game ... you lose the game but win the corsi.
What good are corsi stats if it proves over and over again by winning the corsi means crap because winning the corsi does not give you 2 points.

Hey I did notice thou winning a faceoff late in the period/game/OT or on the PP leads to goals but hey corsi is more important that faceoffs.:laugh:
Also by winning faceoffs your corsi improves ... right?
I think the analytics consensus is that the importance of faceoffs are overrated. Not that they're not important at all, just that it's probably more important what happens after you win or lose a draw (e.g. when the Scheifele-Connor line is on the ice and they lose a defensive draw, it can lead to a lot of bad times for the Jets, but if Lowry's line loses a draw, they can usually be counted on to recover and clear the zone).

Reactions: SLAYER and hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
When does the roster expand?
I like to see the fourth switch around with different players like let AJF play a game here and there. He seems to play with lots of energy when he gets a shot.
Nothing like good competition it keeps players on their toes and if the energy is not there ... next man up.
As @gojetsgo mentioned the roster limits have already expanded, but with 20 games to go you don't want to stack the PB while depleting the Moose with little chance of those players getting into the lineup.

Nov 24, 2006

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I just we have way more Canadians on the Jets than the Canucks do. They almost have no players from Canada. Shocking for a Canadian team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest