Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 - Jets 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Ya it's getting rough for the Dude lately man .:huh::laugh:
lol.

Just so all the kids calm the f*** down here’s the context on the “racist” words jets31 was horrible tossing around.

Jesus. Kids want to save the world but don’t know a f***ing thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.jpeg
    IMG_1979.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 1
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
So these are the 12 forwards when healthy, Scheifele, KFC, Nik, Apples, Mony, Lurch, Barron, Toffoli, Nino, Vilardi, Toffoli, and Vladdy. We have some scoring punch with those 12 but you have to get the right combinations that gives you maximum scoring potential. Pefertti, Gus and Kupari are the black aces going into the playoffs. Not sure where Miller slots in but you have to think they brought him here to get into some action but the 6 D seem to be set for the playoffs.
With Bowness so vocal about handedness, I can see Miller going in immediately. What will be perhaps hinted at ase arly as tomorrow morning is where.

Replacing Schmidt on the 3rd pairing with Samberg? Bumping Pionk down to the 3rd pair with Samberg and placing him with Dillon?

The unlikeliest would be having Schmidt return to his natural side & scratching either Samberg or Dillon.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
lol.

Just so all the kids calm the f*** down here’s the context on the “racist” words jets31 was horrible tossing around.

Jesus. Kids want to save the world but don’t know a f***ing thing.
It's quite possible that the younger crowd don't even know Sean Penn's character or have even seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High, a classic movie of my youth.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Ya it's getting rough for the Dude lately man .:huh::laugh:
What you need to learn is that you need to cancel people before they cancel you haha

Every bureaucrat I talk to I always make sure I'm the first one to say 'your tone is making me uncomfortable' before they say it to me... get way more shit done that way

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
First Spic was never said by @Jets 31, that was you, second Spic is an ethnic slur towards Latino or Hispanic men not Italian men that slur is Wop

icegif-940.gif

Now lets get back to hockey talk
On your reference to Latino or Hispanic people I stand corrected, but if Toffoli is from that background, my comments would stand. In addition, we should not make assumptions about peoples backgrounds by name. I assumed he was Italian, and for that i also apologize. Now lets get back to hockey talk.

Last edited:

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Did you read the whole thread? The Jets are getting crushed in the shot metrics by Top 10 teams. Sub 40%. Even with Vezina level goaltending, your chances of getting past the first round playing like the Jets have been playing are slim.

Teams losing the 5v5 Corsi in a playoff series have a .385 series win %.

The Jets need to sort this out because if they don't finish at the top of the division, they'll be playing a Top 10 team in the first round...
Just dropping in to say and reiterate my warning that there's an obviously huge sample size warning attached to those numbers, so there's really not much "predictiveness" to that but rather more "yeah Jets are not playing that great; and it's pretty bad versus the teams that are 'hot' right now; and it's even worse when you think that the majority of this poor play stems from the top 6 not generating an ideal amount of offence". So obviously we shouldn't simply equate this to "Jets will be bad in the playoffs" right away, but instead "these are the things that have been bad of late and hopefully they take steps to address them otherwise they will continue to be this bad, maybe"

(It's basically 81-55-X's fault)

((Muted accounts continue to be a great feature btw))

(((Jets have only improved by 0.74% on faceoffs since Monahan's addition btw (46.74% pre-Monahan, 47.48% post-Monahan), you just don't hear about it as often because Sawyer isn't babbling about it)))

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Trouble with predicting the Caps game result is there are no Jets who can put the puck in the non-empty net.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’m not sure if I qualify as part of the “younger crowd,” given that I’m already into my mid-20s, but I haven’t even heard of that movie, sadly.

Oh that is very much in the younger crowd. :laugh: That means I'm old enough to be your grandfather.

I'm at least a generation too old for that movie :laugh: but I have seen it. On TV. You may be too young to remember that too. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad