Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ 2018 World Championships (Pettersson, Nilsson win GOLD!!!)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Great to hear Dipietro is really taking on the backup's role. That's what you have to do - absolutely kill it in practice and be ready in case you're called upon. The starters conserve their energy so they can't provide the extra shots for the forwards.

The chances of him playing are probably slim to none but it's all about attitude.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Horvat with a assist on the first goal for Canada.

Damn Quinn Hughes looks unreal. He could step in and run the PP. I'm impressed

Reactions: CanaFan

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Canada's defense pinches way too much. Going to have to fix that if they want a chance to win, especially with their atrocious goaltending.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
They really couldn't find a better starting goaltender that Kuemper?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The more I watch Hughes the more I feel like he won’t be available at 7th
So smooth on skate and tape to tape passes
Sees the ice so well

People who doubt him just because of his height needs to quit watching hockey

Reactions: Grantham

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sees the ice so well

Wow great to read your review Billy i did have him lower but this type of tourney against such a high compy is great to hear for him. Started to appreciate all the top 5 d in this draft more in more

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I remember that there were a significant number of people here who were incredulous that I thought Smith wasn't even close to Hughes in his own zone. It became obvious after the U18s that was true. Believe me when I say, neither is Dobson.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I remember that there were a significant number of people here who were incredulous that I thought Smith wasn't even close to Hughes in his own zone. It became obvious after the U18s that was true. Believe me when I say, neither is Dobson.
Quinn Hughes is the real deal, there have been murmurs about him having attitude issues though haven't there? For an undersized player with skill, something like that can be a death knell for draft position (like falling perhaps from 4-5 to 7 :sarcasm:)

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Sees the ice so well

Nice to see people are finally seeing what I have been seeing and why I was pissed when we won the final games, 10 years of hughes for me trumps sentimental sedin wins, as cold as that might sound all i care about is the future of this team.

I really hope he falls to us but if he looks this good against pro players I doubt many teams would be dumb enough to pass on him.

Reactions: Grantham

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
canada losing to the US in a shootout? what else is new. it's becoming a bad habit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad