Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 Oilers 1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ryan Strome is an incredible hockey player. Amazed it only took Jordan Eberle to acquire this player.

Honestly he hasn't been all that bad lately and is much cheaper. I don't miss Eberle one bit after his half assed effort in the postseason last year.If Tavares walks we'll see ow he does next season when he and Barzal are the focal points of opposing teams.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
article_fd32606c-3397-4b96-8d22-6b6c1fd0cf50.png

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm amazed that anybody can get angry anymore, who cares at this point? As long as McDavid gets his goals and points, nothing else matters. This actually puts us in play for one of the better D prospects and McDavid got his goal so job.....done.
Who cares if the team is going to perpetually suck for ten more years. Don't care about the lottery anymore, just want a team with some balls for once.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Remember when you hear "experience" , "leadership" , "won a cup", take it with a grain of salt. It does not automatically make that player or coach the right choice. Its a talking-head talking point. The same idea is being used as to why McDavid should not win the Hart .

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I like that we're back in that 7th spot. Better chance of grabbing one of the top defenders or wingers that may fall out of the top-5.

I'm all in for a defenseman this draft. Trade for or sign a winger, much harder to acquire quality defenders.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lucic should be in front of the net as the extra attacker, not trying to set up in entry in the 0-zone. TBH, maybe its a good thing, maybe Tmac is forcing Chia to watch the player he acquired as a cautionary tale. I pray Lucic will reset and bring some semblance of his game back next season. Just unreal, how snake bitten he is.
Lucic shouldn't be on the ice in an extra attacker situation.

Hell, Lucic shouldn't be on the ice in an NHL game situation.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Honestly he hasn't been all that bad lately and is much cheaper. I don't miss Eberle one bit after his half assed effort in the postseason last year.If Tavares walks we'll see ow he does next season when he and Barzal are the focal points of opposing teams.
One goal this month. 6 since Christmas. The very definition of a tweener.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
McLellan either absolutely loves Lucic, or absolutely hates him and wants to see him fail. At this point, either is equally likely. Lucic didn't even have that bad a game. And then ****ing McLellan plays him as the ****ing extra attacker. I don't even know what to think.

Reactions: dreamcomehere

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
What does it matter if they improve their roster offensively next year? Lucic will be the setup man on th half boards and Yamamoto will be the guy told to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie, because Woodcroft logic.

Ive never seen a coaching staff this bad putting players in all the wrong positions and spots on the ice, mainly special teams.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
One goal this month. 6 since Christmas. The very definition of a tweener.

He's not a tweener, he's a 3rd liner. I'm perfectly fine with having him as the 3rd line center going into next season, his scoring touch is lacking but he does a lot of things well.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad