Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 Oilers 1

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The PP is an utter cesspool under this coaching staff, and they continuously blindly perform the same system and playing f***ing Lucic out there with every opportunity. I sure hope the coaching staff is fired after this season. By far one of the most stupidest and stubborn coaches I've seen. Perhaps its a reason why McLellan never accomplished a stanley cup with the sharks. He brought his old habits from San Jose to Edmonton. #FireMcLellan

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lucic is the ultimate tank tool right now. Master of killing plays and possession and has the coaches love to get him out there in all the key moments.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm amazed that anybody can get angry anymore, who cares at this point? As long as McDavid gets his goals and points, nothing else matters. This actually puts us in play for one of the better D prospects and McDavid got his goal so job.....done.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I mean one could get upset, but does it really matter at this point? Outside of McPoints, not really.

Nah, I ain't even a bit mad. Maybe frustrated by the posts -- especially Drai's post, as I wanted more McPoints. But the loss, meh. Seems like most of the players feel the same way.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Imagine if we had a PP. Our defensemen without Bear and a healthy Klefbom simply cannot provide an offensive threat. Between that and Lucic is it any surprise that we are doomed when the goalie is pulled?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Sure hope Yamo is ready to produce in the NHL next year.

Connor needs all the help he can get out there.

My expected lines if Todd’s here next year.

Lucic McDavid rattie
Cagguila Drai aberg
Nuge Strome jp
Yam Khaira kassian
Pak

I think I figured out Todd’s strategy to developing offensively promising youth.

Year 1, fourth line with press box stints, no pp time no pk time no ot time.

Year 2, third line with fourth line stints, 5 seconds a game on the pp, no pk time no ot time.

Year 3, He’s a bust! Trade him!.. if no takers, scratched and fourth line duty until his Value is so low, that he’s traded for futures.

Year 4, successful career with another team.

It’s just a ladder! They start at the bottom and in the end successfully end up a good player... on another team but still!

Reactions: PulYou

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
"So Peter traded my BFF Mark, I will show him"

At this point i am worried if they trade Lucic he will put someone worse as the extra attacker/special teams dynamo. Wait is there anyone worse?

Reactions: ujju2

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Tmac with another fu to the fans . Lucic has killed so many extra man plays on the boards this season , Tmac goes to him again . he does not even skate and standi n front of net ,and can't win a board battle for his life , his reaction time is the slowest in the nhl by far , he is a slow motion camera. Katz will be demanding to have Tmac and woodputz fired maybe Chia as well.

Reactions: dreamcomehere
Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
I'm happy the Canucks won. I hope the points they earned tonight give them a nice fat 4th overall pick.

And good lord Lucic is bad. Todd, great coaching as always buddy, stellar powerplay!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Have to feel for McDavid. It seems like it's him alone against the other team on nights like this. What a pathetic performance, as the Oilers made another 2nd rate goalie look like the 2nd coming. Drai and Nuge may as well have just sat in the press box for all the good they did.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Lucic should be in front of the net as the extra attacker, not trying to set up in entry in the 0-zone. TBH, maybe its a good thing, maybe Tmac is forcing Chia to watch the player he acquired as a cautionary tale. I pray Lucic will reset and bring some semblance of his game back next season. Just unreal, how snake bitten he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad