GDT: Canes vs Pens - back to the well once again

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Oooof. We are determined to make orlov-tda work. Why sign Bunting if he is on the 4th?

12-13 minutes for bunting the last 6-8 games. He must have crapped on the staff or something. He went from 17 minutes plus to 12

I could see the reasoning why Bunting is on the 4th. While obviously much more offensively gifted than the rest of the 4th line, his style of play is better suited for the 4th compared to someone like Jarvis.

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I could see the reasoning why Bunting is on the 4th. While obviously much more offensively gifted than the rest of the 4th line, his style of play is better suited for the 4th compared to someone like Jarvis.
Right now Jarvis maybe needs to be on the 4th

IDK why we dont have aho and turbo together with Svech or Bunting. IDK.

Damn this 7/77 bullshit tho.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Go team....

final-space-gary-goodspeed.gif

Reactions: geehaad

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015

Acknowledges the 3rd pairing has been bad, decides the solution is to brute force it.

Guys, I think Rod might be a little dumb...

Take this with a huge grain of salt. But a buddy of mine, who may or may not bartend at a certain watering hole frequented by Canes alumni, claims that some player decisions come right down from the owners office. Little bit of a Jerry Jones situation going on?

I hope that’s not the case, because that’s the type of thing I could see Rod walking over.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I mean, are we not going to have to prepare for a life beyond Skjei-Pesce anyway?

If both these guys were 24 and locked up for 6 more years, sure, keep them together and don’t mess with a good thing.

But the clock is ticking on these guys even being on the team. Mix it up, do what you need to do to make your team as a whole as good as it can be…

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I mean, are we not going to have to prepare for a life beyond Skjei-Pesce anyway?

If both these guys were 24 and locked up for 6 more years, sure, keep them together and don’t mess with a good thing.

But the clock is ticking on these guys even being on the team. Mix it up, do what you need to do to make your team as a whole as good as it can be…

Good point. I’d be seeing how Orlov pairs up with Pesce & Skjei. See which one he fits best with and try your dangest to lock up the one that works best.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I mean we are taking a potential 20-25 goal scorer and taking away his ice time in the name “better matchups.”

Add in a line that generates more scoring chances gets 4th liners. Bunting played against quality competition over 30% of the time in Toronto. It’s not like he can’t handle it

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Take this with a huge grain of salt. But a buddy of mine, who may or may not bartend at a certain watering hole frequented by Canes alumni, claims that some player decisions come right down from the owners office. Little bit of a Jerry Jones situation going on?

I hope that’s not the case, because that’s the type of thing I could see Rod walking over.

I'll be watching for the "telephone effect" kicks in and that grain of salt completely disappears and the rumor runs rampant that Rod is disgruntled because of Dundon's meddling and is ready to quit, lol.

Reactions: AD Skinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad