Pre-Game Talk: Canes vs Jets - Oct 13 7:00pm CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Other than the ridiculous exaggeration of the "dead last" comment at the end, I agree with several of your critiques, portamoral. Although I think overall the positive moves the Jets made this year far outweigh the bad ones.

On a general note though, you are totally being a wet blanket here. Most of us are pretty excited for the team this year.

Of course you're welcome to your opinion. But you shouldn't be surprised by the reaction. If you're going to come in here and crap all over the team, on the eve of the home opener, expect folks not to like it. If you wanted to have a more civil debate, you probably could have approached it differently. ;)

Yep, time for optimism. Just about every move everyone wanted was made. To the Moose Pavs, Peluso and Strait. To the PB Thor and Burmi, Stu hanging on because of Trouba's holdout. And Chevy playing hardball on that front. The lines and PP will be extremely fluid so complaining about them is meaningless.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Yep, time for optimism. Just about every move everyone wanted was made. To the Moose Pavs, Peluso and Strait. To the PB Thor and Burmi, Stu hanging on because of Trouba's holdout. And Chevy playing hardball on that front. The lines and PP will be extremely fluid so complaining about them is meaningless.

Gee you got to wonder are the Jets brass managing our team by following us all on HF Boards? :sarcasm:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
it should be better though. does that mean nothing to you? you're fine with mo using the team like an absolute idiot just because thor and pav are not in the lineup? :snakehead

he has the ability to ice a very competitive team if he wants to but he's obviously too stupid to do so.

its pretty obvious our PP is going to be just as terrible as it was last year. such poor decisions, i really don't see how people can be happy right now. but hey pavs is gone though right? everything is fine i guess

So this is going to be the exact lineup for the entire year with zero possibility of changes or adjustments, is it really that entrenched in stone?....cripes....relax.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That's the spirit. Pretty much everything that people wanted to happen has. And once we get some resolution on the Trouba front Stu will hopefully be #7-8.

Yeah it really feels nice to finally be vindicated for everything we've been saying the past 3 years around here and for some more than that. It was never going to be easy and we needed to wait for the right guys to be ready to step in but we weathered the Atlanta storm and are finally forging our own identity with this franchise. We now enter a new era, the Wheeler Era. A new identity of a hard working skill team that plays a responsible two-way game highlighted by strong leadership and lots of young guns full of piss and vinegar that have formed a tight knit group with one goal in mind. We have trimmed the fat so to speak but unfortunately Trouba may be part of that fat. I trust Chevy will get us fair value whether its in a contract or a trade. The worlds most patient man seems to come out on top more often than not these days. Hopefully this game marks the Wheeler Era with it's first win.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
No......just substitute Matthias for Burmi and Stafford for Thorburn. That's what the OP was predicting

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Matthias Little Stafford
Connor Perreault Laine
Tanev Lowry Armia

I am surprised the rooks are together...I thought that went against Maurice's master plan.

Prefer Matthias-Little-Laine, Matthias is the budget Ladd, strong forecheck, big hits, better speed, less finish.

Connor-Perreault-Stafford played well together.

Rooks sheltered by vets.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
That's the spirit. Pretty much everything that people wanted to happen has. And once we get some resolution on the Trouba front Stu will hopefully be #7-8.

Yes sir
Hopefully I can be objective while the youngsters find their way.
I do expect the goalies to be inconsistent but hey to my way of thinking this is a stepping stone season.
I have to remind myself that I don't expect play offs this year realistically.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
At his cap hit, especially including a nice re-sign MP was one of, if not the best UFA pickup of the last 5 years. Just love the guy's game.

Matty P is fiesty and extremely evasive in tight quarters.
He was an awesome pick up by Chevy to be sure.
And he likes the Peg obviously '

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
This game is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see the debuts of Aho, Laine, Connor and McKeown.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Ok thanks ...
Thought I heard he was the odd man out.
Sure hope he stays healthy .

No kidding, if any of Buff, Enstrom, Myers, Morrissey or Postman get hurt, our D starts to look really really bad (as opposed to only looking somewhat bad right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad