GDT: Canes vs Devils at noonish - news to me, too

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I just now realized we got an early game because we play at 5 tomorrow so we're getting extra time.

i think it was 2 years ago in a similar situation - back to back with travel plus losing an hour for dst - we had some ridiculous short turnaround between puck drops.

Yeah, 3pm game (on ABC) and then 1pm puck drop in Pittsburgh or something like that. At least the boys are home tomorrow.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I just now realized we got an early game because we play at 5 tomorrow so we're getting extra time.

i think it was 2 years ago in a similar situation - back to back with travel plus losing an hour for dst - we had some ridiculous short turnaround between puck drops.
But Calgary is playing us tomorrow and doesn't get the extra time as they are playing Florida right now and have to travel as well.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
He’s just not play-by-play guy and I have no idea why ESPN has him doing it.

He’s at least in his mid 50s that’s not just something you pick up throughout your 30 year broadcast career.

THN does this too. The other night I watched a game called by Kevin Weekes (smooth, but repeats himself ad nauseam) and EJ Hradek (worthless blowhard). I muted it after one period. Plus, these guys all do the Pierre Maguire thing where they talk endlessly about a guy's junior career and all his wonderful coaches while the game is being played.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I went back and looked - we had 21 hours between puck drops in 2022. Our sunday game was rescheduled / pulled forward by our friends at espn.

Hopefully our couple extra hours more rest than calgary helps

Didn't we just recently play Dallas at 8PM EST (at home) on Feb 24th and then Buffalo at 5PM or 6PM(or whatever it was?) the next day in Buffalo?

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Didn't we just recently play Dallas at 8PM EST (at home) on Feb 24th and then Buffalo at 5PM or 6PM(or whatever it was?) the next day in Buffalo?
Yep - 8pm saturday game, 6pm sunday.

I actually found a post i made in '22 - no one had any documentation of a rule, but the consensus was 22 hours between puck drop was the alleged minimum. I guess if espn chooses to move your time like they did to us that year that guideline didn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad