GDT: Canes vs Bolts - it's a Black Friday Natural Disaster!

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
The good thing is outside of the rangers every other team in the metro has been mediocre. It could be worse we could be the devils who scored once against Columbus today

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
We could get vintage Wayne Gretzky in return and somehow we would convert him into a 70 point player. As much as Rod says we need to shoot more, there is something systemic that is causing ALL of our players to pass up good shooting opportunities.
There’s nothing systematic about Burns passing up shooting on a 2 on 1, that’s pure fear of the goalie making his first start in 8 months. Just f***ing stupid.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
10 games 0 goals for Svech and penalties in 8-10 games. If we’re gonna get on Raanta for one bad game maybe Svech should start feeling some heat for a guy who makes almost 8 million and doesn’t have a goal yet and continues to take unnecessary stick penalties game after game

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
The frustrating part about being mediocre to bad on the PP (not buying the solid start) is that so many Eastern competitors are elite at it. Boston, Tampa and the Rangers were and are capable of things with the man advantage that this group just hasn't been and isn't. Looking ahead, New Jersey can win the next series on special teams (36%+ on the PP through almost a quarter season). Ditto Toronto.
Tampa has significant edges against the Canes. Their:
—PP
—Goaltending
—elite goal scorers
—toughness

are hands down better than Carolina.

We have a good 5x5 system but come playoff time when things tighten up they will wipe the floor of the Canes.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Tampa has owned us for years now who cares about 1 shutout 2 weeks ago we just got embarrassed on home ice
This just isn’t even remotely true. Outside of the playoff series (when they were in the midst of back to back Cups and the games were close with Vasi dominating us), since Rod took over the H2H was 11-11 going into today. So with today’s loss they are up 12-11 vs this current Canes core under Rod. No they haven’t “owned us” at all.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Alright, if they come back and beat the Jackets they can be forgiven.

Lose, and there needs to be some serious discussions between team, coaches, and front office.

The latter may need to happen anyway because there's way too many cracks in the foundation right now.
Honestly, we have been needing to have a discussion about the shit awful offensive execution for years. Our performance in the offensive zone from the PP to 5v5 when we are forced to set up a cycle has been awful under Brindy and it's long past time it gets addressed.

We are fine against teams that allow us to get going on a transition attack, but whenever they pack it in and force us to create in the offensive zone, hoo boy we struggle. We pray on finding a perfect guy who can execute a PP when in reality it's the scheme itself that it holding us back. And we've buried our heads in the sand for way too long about it.

That, and we have been relying on goaltending that far outperforms their salary for a while now and we were due for it to catch up to us.

But both of these issues coming to a head at one time is not a good recipe at all for us this year. Not at all.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
10 games 0 goals for Svech and penalties in 8-10 games. If we’re gonna get on Raanta for one bad game maybe Svech should start feeling some heat for a guy who makes almost 8 million and doesn’t have a goal yet and continues to take unnecessary stick penalties game after game
Svech isn’t ready and I have no idea why they are playing him. He tore his ACL 8 months ago.

I want to be clear I’m not getting on Raanta as an overall issue, I’ve been one of his biggest supporters. This particular game is the worst a goalie has ever played statistically so getting worked up about the other issues is pointless.

Get the old man healthy and let the crazy young Russian take the reins for a week or two.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Svech isn’t ready and I have no idea why they are playing him. He tore his ACL 8 months ago.

I want to be clear I’m not getting on Raanta as an overall issue, I’ve been one of his biggest supporters. This particular game is the worst a goalie has ever played statistically so getting worked up about the other issues is pointless.

Get the old man healthy and let the crazy young Russian take the reins for a week or two.
What do you mean he isn’t ready? Whens he gonna be ready then he’s more then ready

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
What do you mean he isn’t ready? Whens he gonna be ready then he’s more then ready
People who tear their ACLs aren’t good at sports when they are technically cleared says every person ever except Adrian Peterson. The coach of this team was complete whale shit when he came back from his ACL tear. JWilly too. They got it back, but it took significant time.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
People who tear their ACLs aren’t good at sports when they are technically cleared says every person ever except Adrian Peterson. The coach of this team was complete whale shit when he came back from his ACL tear. JWilly too. They got it back, but it took significant time.
Not buying it.. you put the jersey on your 100 percent if not don’t play he’s ready to play he’s just not scoring and instead he’s taking stick infractions that are mostly avoidable

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Not buying it.. you put the jersey on your 100 percent if not don’t play he’s ready to play he’s just not scoring and instead he’s taking stick infractions that are mostly avoidable
I just told you two of the most respected players in franchise history also looked like shit post ACL surgery but you don’t buy it? Cool. You clearly know more than I do.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Also I was told I was overreacting.

Am I not now?
Depends what you’re talking about. At no point did I miss Tony tonight if that’s the point. I saw the top four making a ton of consequential mistakes so I’m hardly annoyed with Orlov.

Tony’s whole pp skill is moving the puck quickly to the wide open guy to his flanks. We did that a ton with no effect, because no one could make the big pass to the middle. Tony wouldn’t have helped that.

Bunting is a punk. No one likes him and tonight they ran up the score after he overreacted to his goal, and they enjoyed every minute of it. He baits and dives but has no toughness to back any of it up.

They were six goals better than us tonight.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
You don’t get more comfortable with your repaired knee by sitting out. If the injury has healed he can play. It’s just going to take time to get comfortable with his knee again. Cant get that way sitting in the press box
Agreed. His skating is very much subpar versus LY and his bursts are non-existent.

Worried that it will be the ‘24-‘25 season before he gets going.

Reactions: Rick Davis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad