GDT: Canes @ Jackets | 7 PM EST | ESPN+/Hulu

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I can already see how Torts would increase the kids time after a game like that. Why did Sillinger had big time? Why did Nylander, only two years older than Marchenko also? Texier is only two years older than Chinakhov.
Russians are getting quite good time this season, it's just that every young player has to fight harder for it. That's the way it's always been and is on every team.
I saw the Chinakhov benching coming a mile away. I don't know why everyone is shocked by it here. He had 5 turnovers in one period in a winnable game. I think any coach would bench a player at that point.

Reactions: VT

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I saw the Chinakhov benching coming a mile away. I don't know why everyone is shocked by it here. He had 5 turnovers in one period in a winnable game. I think any coach would bench a player at that point.

If there were that many then I withdraw my complaint with the coach.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
how are we complaining about benching players without watching the game ? thats so odd LOL
China was brutal yesterday turnovers and wasn't skating.

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I can already see how Torts would increase the kids time after a game like that. Why did Sillinger had big time? Why did Nylander, only two years older than Marchenko also? Texier is only two years older than Chinakhov.
Russians are getting quite good time this season, it's just that every young player has to fight harder for it. That's the way it's always been and is on every team.
Russians are getting good time? Voronkov got less ice time than Kuraly. You can be happy with everything if you want, I am not. I have a lot more issues with Vincent than benching Chinakhov for a game

Reactions: MoeBartoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Russians are getting good time? Voronkov got less ice time than Kuraly. You can be happy with everything if you want, I am not. I have a lot more issues with Vincent than benching Chinakhov for a game
Voronkov had as many shifts as Kuraly and only two fewer than Jenner. It's just that the line was losing the zone, the puck, not keeping it. Is Vincent to blame for that, too?
I have no problem with Chinakhov's benching in that game. Even Gaudreau was benched for similar play. Only one but was. No one is a robot, not even Yegor, it's understandable that he can't play all the super games. But if his play is bad it is normal decision.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Pleasure listening to Bucci on PBP…….wouldn’t it be great if he got the gig? Never happen tho……
I’ll just say that he was on the radio with Bobby Mac last night and made some comment about this is the place ai would want to come back, to Columbus. Could be blown by smoke, could be it doesn’t mean begat it might mean, could be the comment was just a bit clunky. But for what it’s worth.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll just say that he was on the radio with Bobby Mac last night and made some comment about this is the place ai would want to come back, to Columbus. Could be blown by smoke, could be it doesn’t mean begat it might mean, could be the comment was just a bit clunky. But for what it’s worth.
Listening to Bucci adds energy to the game making it seem so much livelier than with Rimer on the mic. It’d be great if he took over the call. It’s easy to discern he has a fondness of the team and the city but it’s doubtful that’s enough to entice a move from ESPN.

Reactions: CBJx614

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Listening to Bucci adds energy to the game making it seem so much livelier than with Rimer on the mic. It’d be great if he took over the call. It’s easy to discern he has a fondness of the team and the city but it’s doubtful that’s enough to entice a move from ESPN.
I agree, unless he doesn't have faith in ESPN given their recent massive turnover or maybe he's not confident the network will retain its interest in the league. Or maybe he really wants to relocate to Ohio? Maybe he has elderly parents? I don't know his family situation at all. Again, I agree it doesn't seem like the typical career move, especially given he almost single-handledly kept the NHL a presence at ESPN.

That interview also included him telling a story about growing up in Steubenville and forming, with a group of friends in 1982, a four-team street hockey league for which they kept a schedule, stats, and for which he created a newsletter inspired by the Hockey News.

Reminded me of when a buddy and I - probably around 1978 - "played" an entire season of the Montreal Canadiens on the frozen back patio at his house. One of us would be the skater, playing all 10 positions 5v5, and the other would be the goalie, also for both teams. The skater was also responsible for running play-by-play. We kept a box score for each game in a spiral notebook, tracked their record and an imaginary record for every other team, and played a full playoff schedule. The Canadiens won the Cup that year, you might not be surprised to learn. My favorite non-Penguins players growing up was Steve Shutt.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That's really not that much of a compliment. If any.:devdance:

Reactions: Halfboard

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Jenner with his usual 20 in back to back nights
And jackets lose again . Vincent making it easy to root against him lasting beyond this year
i forget who it was (assuming portzline) but someone asked him about jenner's ice time and the answer was basically "well he wants to play that much" lol

absolute clown show. running their captain into the ground to squeeze a few more points out of him in three straight lost seasons. but it's fine, because the player wants to play a lot.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad