GDT: Canes @ Jackets | 7 PM EST | ESPN+/Hulu

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Kirill attacking hard 1 on 1 these last 2 games. 2nd time he almost made a highlight reel play

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kept slamming our heads into the door rather than try to chip deep and get it to set up. Fun

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Voronkov with 11 minutes , Chinakov with 9 , Marchenko 14 , Jenner with his usual 20 in back to back nights
And jackets lose again . Vincent making it easy to root against him lasting beyond this year

IMG_3418.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I do not approve of the Chinakhov benching.

Vincent should be benching players as he sees fit, that's what you want from a coach, I just don't think this is the right player to bench right now. We should be letting Chinakhov be a little more creative and live with the mistakes, his confidence is worth it for us.

It sounds like Sillinger had a good game (I didn't watch much of it), but he's had plenty of nights where he turns the puck over constantly in transition. Chinakhov is much better at it so I don't feel like there is an even standard here.

Reactions: LJ7

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
No coach is going to cut time from veterans if they play well. Especially one like Boone. Not even Torts.
If Nylander continues to play like this, we're going to be a lot of pleasant trouble. :nod:
To Tarasov. You keep forgetting that this is his first full season in North America include the AHL. He needs to get used to it, get some consistency.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
No coach is going to cut time from veterans if they play well. Especially one like Boone. Not even Torts.
Boone was -2 last night, and -3 tonight .. certainly playing well … Nevermind back to back nights .. and he sacked the Russian line last night as well

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m still mind blown that Boqvist got pulled for Peeke. I get maybe they wanted to get him in since he hasn’t played in a while, but why not pull bean? We actually use Boqvist for PP work. Bean just plays 5on5

Reactions: Cowumbus

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If 5:5 - centers

Jenner - 14:24, 15 shifts
Sillinger - 14:07, 14 shifts
Kuraly - 11:54, 13 shifts
Voronkov - 10:24, 13 shifts

Russian played less because they could not carry the puck and not because Vincent was so bad.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Vincent just giving a crash course on how to be a bad coach. One of the worst in the league for my money. Sadly we have him for atleast another year, plenty of time to continue to beat the creativity out of the kids

Reactions: cbjthrowaway

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Vincent just giving a crash course on how to be a bad coach. One of the worst in the league for my money. Sadly we have him for atleast another year, plenty of time to continue to beat the creativity out of the kids
I can already see how Torts would increase the kids time after a game like that. Why did Sillinger had big time? Why did Nylander, only two years older than Marchenko also? Texier is only two years older than Chinakhov.
Russians are getting quite good time this season, it's just that every young player has to fight harder for it. That's the way it's always been and is on every team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad