Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Idk, rask for nothing was the big candidate to shed salary. They turned around and reinvested that in nino. I'd be shocked if they signed ferland now.

Cory seems to think this put the nail on Ferland but as much as it keeps getting rumored he wants a high price multi year deal, I’m resigned to let him go

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Wait, what? How the f***? Even if Nino is overpaid and paid more, Rask's usefulness per salary is in the dividing by zero category, so this is still a big improvement. Is Minny hard up against the cap or something?

I mean, holy hell, that's a good trade for us. Waddell did a good thing!

But I'll still be pissed if we don't re-sign Ferland. We can still afford him too.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
At face value it’s great.

A) we get the guy more likely to rebound.

B) Nino is much faster so we get quicker, as just subtracting Rask makes us quicker.

C) gives a little room at center now that all of Bishop, Wallmark and Mckegg have all shown themselves to be useful.

D) Rask has been struggling to find a place anywhere since last year.

Bad?

A) Ferland maybe gone. I don’t feel better because of Nino.

B) Nino makes more money so if he doesn’t turn it around that’ll hurt.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Canes need to add a couple $5+M forwards. Not just swap them out. Getting rid of Rask's $4 million was a boon for the payroll. Canes should use that to improve rather than tread.

Sure, but having two guys like Nino and Ferland at that number is not ideal to me. It seems kinda redundant to keep both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad