Confirmed with Link: Canes Agree to Terms with Sebastian Aho

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I asked this about 2½ months ago:

and got as answer this:

Is this still the situation, that he's not really ready to NHL yet?

You picked out wally's answer, which will always undersell the players/team.

You also got this, from another well-known pessimist on this board:

Offensively, he's a star. He could easily have 3-4 goals already, as well as the five assists in five games. He's unbelievably dangerous in the offensive zone, especially on the power play. He's small and not strong, so he can get pushed around, and he doesn't win a lot of 50-50 battles. But he's so fast and smart that it really doesn't hurt that much.

I think he actually surprised himself with how good he is and he's starting to adjust to how much time he has. Once he gets a little more comfortable in his own skin, he's going to be an All-Star.

Aho is a top-5 forward on the team, and definitely an NHL player...obviously. Placing him higher than that depends on the role you're basing the ranking on. I think it's fair to say he's exceeding expectations.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I asked this about 2½ months ago:

and got as answer this:

Is this still the situation, that he's not really ready to NHL yet?

I'd say he's been the most consistent forward for the Canes the last 10-12 games. Kid is starting to really shine. He's creating scoring chances every night and constantly making smart plays on all ends of the ice that wow you. His hockey IQ is incredible.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
giphy.gif

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I liked how Aho hesitated last night on his game winning goal, to find and hit the exact spot he had targeted. I think youth and nerves tell him to shoot the puck sometimes when he hasn't quite picked his spot but he's already showing tremendous improvement in that area. I have no doubt he's going to be a 30+ goal scorer (plus playmaker) in this league.

As far as his size, he must have some serious core strength caus he stays up right and wins puck battles more often than not against players seemingly much larger than him. At least to my vantage point. IF he's seriously only 5'11 and 172lbs, I think he plays more like 6'1 200 lbs. And much of his weight must be in his legs.

Comparing him to Skinner, who was supposedly bigger weight wise, in his first season and it's night and day. Skinner couldn't stay on his skates, and would fall many times per game especially when pressured by opponents.

If Aho get's even stronger and adds maybe 10-15lbs he's gonna be extremely hard to move off the puck.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Being 5-11 has its advantages, he knows how to use his leverage. More than once he's been able to get under much bigger player, scoop the puck out and put the other guys into the boards in one smooth motion. He had one of the d-men from the Sharks (Dillon, maybe?) chasing him around foaming at the mouth because he just kept getting the better of him on the boards over and over.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I've been super impressed with Aho's endurance. Not only is he fighting for pucks, getting pushed around the front of the net, and more often than not winning these exchanges... But he does it literally shift after shift. You'd think a guy with his frame would be exhausted but he just keeps chugging. As said above, he has to have incredible core strength.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
as A #CBJ fan makes me sick they passed on him at 29.

You guys got the real deal in Aho......maybe he can take a game off tonight

In all seriousness I love watching him play. Very jealous.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Please, just stop. You have literally zero reason to be jealous or upset about anything at all.

Seriously they got Paul Bittner, the guy I was obsessed with at the 2015 NHL draft.........

O and maybe sitting on top of the east aint to shabby either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad