Confirmed with Link: Canes Agree to Terms with Sebastian Aho

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Goalies would look like Howard Moon's mentor Tommy

tumblr_m851nrzn2a1r7bswao1_250.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Per historical trends, overnight we would see goalie masks triple in size.

I know you're joking, but the underlying point of my comment was slap shots at eye level of everyone on the ice would be an optimal way to score. You'd need goalie helmets for everyone else on the ice as well.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
bleh, smaller pads before bigger goal

Never mind that the most effective way to score would be to shoot directly over the goalies' head. I think the PA would have a sliiiight issue with that one.

I'm with the smaller pads thing....but truly just think they need to review some of the tape from 05-06 season and relearn how to call interference. They've nearly returned to the old clutch and grab days.

ruhroh*

Registered Goober
Aug 1, 2016
ur place
He is pretty much the carbon copy of Marc Savard.
So jelly.
We wouldn't have room for him right now but for what I've seen, he is going to be a great player.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
What's the situation of Aho right now in Hurricanes? I can see the point stats, but otherwise, what is his status?

He has short spurts of super effective hockey player in the offensive zone. But mostly, he looks like he's not physically ready to compete at the NHL level yet, which makes him the Canes 5th best forward?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Offensively, he's a star. He could easily have 3-4 goals already, as well as the five assists in five games. He's unbelievably dangerous in the offensive zone, especially on the power play. He's small and not strong, so he can get pushed around, and he doesn't win a lot of 50-50 battles. But he's so fast and smart that it really doesn't hurt that much.

I think he actually surprised himself with how good he is and he's starting to adjust to how much time he has. Once he gets a little more comfortable in his own skin, he's going to be an All-Star.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I asked this about 2½ months ago:
What's the situation of Aho right now in Hurricanes? I can see the point stats, but otherwise, what is his status?

and got as answer this:

He has short spurts of super effective hockey player in the offensive zone. But mostly, he looks like he's not physically ready to compete at the NHL level yet, which makes him the Canes 5th best forward?

Is this still the situation, that he's not really ready to NHL yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad