Confirmed with Link: Canes Agree to Terms with Sebastian Aho

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Sea Bass has been far more better than I thought. My prediction was that he - especially as a smallish player - would have need a year in AHL to be able to adjust to NHL hockey, but he has shown that a smart player does not need any adjustment time like that.

He is a great young player and I am really happy that he has proven me wrong.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Sea Bass has been far more better than I thought. My prediction was that he - especially as a smallish player - would have need a year in AHL to be able to adjust to NHL hockey, but he has shown that a smart player does not need any adjustment time like that.

He is a great young player and I am really happy that he has proven me wrong.

100% his awareness.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I have been praising and hyping him a lot on these boards, I admit. But maybe now already many people might start to see the reason for the hyping. He just is a very, very special talent. I think you Carolina fans have quite a copy of Zetterberg in his prime coming up in a couple of years.

I have a long time already seen that Aho is in the same class as prospect as Laine is. Sure very different players. But both have good chances to be absolute elite in their own strong areas. The only Finnish players I have ever really hyped here are Aho and Laine. I have been from the start quite sceptic about Puljujärvi and Rantanen, although I think that they both might pan out as pretty good NHL players. But I still see Aho and Laine in a completely different tier than all the other Finnish players. Barkov might be close with his potential, but with him I see a glaring lack of intensity, which holds him back.

Aho and Laine have absolutely special skills, but on top of that they both have an extremely competitive mind and they play with pretty good intensity, and this separates them from all the other Finnish prospects.

Congratulations Canes fans, you have an absolute gem! :nod:

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
From NHL.com: Carolina Hurricanes right wing Sebastian Aho, Minnesota Wild center Mikael Granlund and Los Angeles Kings goaltender Peter Budaj have been named the NHL's "Three Stars" for the week ending Feb. 5.

FIRST STAR - SEBASTIAN AHO, RW, CAROLINA HURRICANES

Aho tied for the League lead with four goals (4-1-5) including two game-winning tallies as the Hurricanes (24-20-7, 55 points) won all three of their games. On Jan. 31, Aho recorded his first career hat trick, including the game-winning goal, and added one assist in a 5-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers. He added another game-winning goal in a 2-1 win against the Edmonton Oilers on Feb. 3 before being held pointless in a 5-4 overtime victory over the New York Islanders on Feb. 4. Chosen 35th overall by Carolina in the 2015 NHL Draft, the 19-year-old Rauma, Finland native ranks third among rookies with 16 goals and tied for sixth with 31 points (16-15-31).

Way to go Seabass!

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Does he realize he can't get called up to any higher league? This is as good as it gets.

This is also an example of how scouting combines are completely unnecessary and worthless. There's nothing about this guy that screams Top-10 pick, but he's just a damn good hockey player. We've got to get away from the height/weight/bench-press/VO2max method of ranking players and just watch them play. I'm glad the Canes are doing this, at least in the rounds after the first.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Does he realize he can't get called up to any higher league? This is as good as it gets.

This is also an example of how scouting combines are completely unnecessary and worthless. There's nothing about this guy that screams Top-10 pick, but he's just a damn good hockey player. We've got to get away from the height/weight/bench-press/VO2max method of ranking players and just watch them play. I'm glad the Canes are doing this, at least in the rounds after the first.

If there are exceptions to that great physics are not needed, it doesn't mean that those wouldn't help. Hockey IQ is relatively hard to measure and it is an important skill. But that definitely doesn't mean physics wouldn't be important. And physics are much easier to measure.

Then again, if you have a good way to measure hockey IQ, please tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad