GDT: Canadiens @ Maple Leafs, 7PM on CBC, TVA Sports, TSN 690 and 98,5 fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Prologue: It was the end of an successful season where the Canadiens met their goal of winning a division title, making the playoffs and grabbing the coveted 25th overall pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Habs management wasn't satisfied though, despite high praise from noted board members (HF board members that is), the Canadiens' supreme overlord, Marc Bergevin, sought out a defensive stud to add to his blue-line and snatched Karl Alzner.

That wasn't the only move he made as the Canadiens welcomed a local superstar to their team. Also, their franchise goaltender was locked into a team friendly deal according to the GM for the rest of our lives.

Yes, everyone was happy and in good spirits. Then it all went wrong...

page-1 copy.jpg

page-2 copy.jpg

Conclusion: So as this sad tale slowly comes to an end, the group reflects on this season. It was clear to most of the group that Galchenyuk was the sole reason for the downfall this season. As Pacioretty looks up to Plekanec for inspiration, Bergevin stares across the table wondering if Galchenyuk and their 2018 lottery pick would be enough to get Julien his Bergeron.

cabin copy.jpg

Practice Lines (March 16)
Byron - Drouin - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - de la Rose - Lehkonen
Hudon - L. Shaw - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Froese/McCarron - Carr

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Lernout

Confirmed for tonight: Lindgren

Go :habs Go (to the best lottery position that is)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Matthews makes it close, but Bruins will still beat them.

Honestly I still don’t think it’s close. Leafs have lots of fire power, sure.. but so does Boston, and they are all excellent two-way players to boot.

The defense corps even with an aging Chara is light years superior.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That picture of Drouin's tear looks more like Bergy's men of the sea dripping...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The crow should've been set on Bergy's dinner plate, but it's still a nice touch. I also laughed at the B12 vitamins and energy drink in front of Price.

Who's the 2nd guy on left? JJ?

Going clockwise, Drouin, Patches, MB, CJ, Lefebvre, Chuck and Carey.

I wanted to put the crow on Bergy's plate, but I was afraid it wouldn't be noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad