GDT: Canadiens @ Maple Leafs, 7PM on CBC, TVA Sports, TSN 690 and 98,5 fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I needed that, amazing! Laughed my head off, all the work that must go into it. There is not a single HFBoard that comes even remotely close to these jewels! Needed that after having to work first half of the day.

I'll be watching the game tonight, they are showing Hockey Night Canada on the NHL channel.

:popcorn:

Thanks for the words, but some of the GDT contributors, past and present, have put in some epic gems as well. They know who they are, and I just try to make light of what has been a toilet of a season.

That said, first 6-7 panels were all contributions from the parties themselves. You can't make that stuff up :)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace. You guys probably have somewhat of a chance of winning since Matthews won't be playing but should be a good game regardless. I really like Mete and Drouin.

Honestly, if the Leafs don't win tonight, and I say this about all playoff-bound teams, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Boston, missing one of the best centers in the game, still managed to beat us.

Leafs will be fine. If not, I'd question how your team was built.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Thanks for the words, but some of the GDT contributors, past and present, have put in some epic gems as well. They know who they are, and I just try to make light of what has been a toilet of a season.

That said, first 6-7 panels were all contributions from the parties themselves. You can't make that stuff up :)
nicely done all the same

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, if the Leafs don't win tonight, and I say this about all playoff-bound teams, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Boston, missing one of the best centers in the game, still managed to beat us.

Leafs will be fine. If not, I'd question how your team was built.

We are missing our best player and our #1 goalie. McBackup is about to make his third start in 4 days. I wouldn't blame the leafs if they purposely lose aswell. We are comfortably third in the division with little chance of catching Boston and theres even less chance of Florida catching us.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
We are missing our best player and our #1 goalie. McBackup is about to make his third start in 4 days.

We're missing our number 1 goalie, number 1 dman, number 1 scorer, number 1 center, and Victor Mete.

I hope you manage to beat us. Our youth have been good at home, but not so much on the road.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Off to the airport. Still plan to stream the game later, if possible, in the hope that we waste a win on the Leafs. Can't lose 'em all.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
We're missing our number 1 goalie, number 1 dman, number 1 scorer, number 1 center, and Victor Mete.

I hope you manage to beat us. Our youth have been good at home, but not so much on the road.

The only explanation for how we’ve even managed to win games is other teams taking us lightly.

This is probably the worst Habs roster since the late 90s/early 00s.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Lots of little details that went into the group pic. Molson beer, a vitamin drink for Price who had vitamin deficiencies last year plus Red Bulls for energy, a baby bottle for Drouin, a Bada Bing plate (haven't figured that one out yet), a crow in one of the plates in the middle of the table (now I know it was meant for Bergevin) and the "plan to get Bergeron". :laugh:

All of it bearing the mark of an elite shooper, embedded right there within the artwork:

26lan4.jpg

Job well done, sandviper. :handclap:

I was initially going to do some Sopranos parody (my initial inspiration to add the Bada Bing plate) but just couldn't really come up with anything to tie the who theme together. However, since it's not exactly a well-kept secret where players like to hang out (I substituted the real place with Bada Bing), I decided to add a picture of Sherbak's girlfriend since I'm making an unsubstantiated assumption it was that establishment where they met.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The only explanation for how we’ve even managed to win games is other teams taking us lightly.

This is probably the worst Habs roster since the late 90s/early 00s.

The way I see it, we've upgraded our speed and skill with the youth over the vets. Out: Plekanec, Shaw, Schlemko, Morrow. In: Scherbak, DLR, Reilly, Juulsen. Juulsen and Reilly are the keys. They're so much better than Morrow and Schlemko. Juulsen makes Alzner look decent, and we don't have to see Alzner Petry any more.

If Julien would play better line combos, we'd be better:

Byron Drouin Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Lehkonen/Hudon
Carr Froese Hudon/Lehkonen
Deslaurier DLR McCarron

and if you put Pacioretty, Danault, Weber, and Price in there, we're a youthfull bunch with more speed and skill than when we were going with crappy/slow/unskilled vets like Plekanec, Shaw, Morrow, Benn, Schlemko, Alzner in the top 4, etc...

Pacioretty Danault Hudon
Byron Drouin Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Lehkonen
Carr Froese Deslaurier

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen

Price
Niemi

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I think there's a very good chance of that. Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly are one of the best U24 group of 4 in the NHL.

every year getting closer to having to give out the big contracts that can cripple a team. Should win a series before they start counting their chickens.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
every year getting closer to having to give out the big contracts that can cripple a team. Should win a series before they start counting their chickens.

Yeah those big contracts really hurt pittsburgh

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Lots of little details that went into the group pic. Molson beer, a vitamin drink for Price who had vitamin deficiencies last year plus Red Bulls for energy, a baby bottle for Drouin, a Bada Bing plate (haven't figured that one out yet), a crow in one of the plates in the middle of the table (now I know it was meant for Bergevin) and the "plan to get Bergeron". :laugh:

All of it bearing the mark of an elite shooper, embedded right there within the artwork:

26lan4.jpg

Job well done, sandviper. :handclap:

Also the Lightning tat on Drouin's right arm :laugh:

Like I said the 1st time @sandviper posted the pic, source material is essential for a great 'shoop, and this one has it all: the original pic is an amazing setup for the scene, and he facial expressions of all players are oriceless. Add in the little details, and... INSTANT CLASSIC :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad