GDT: Canadiens @ Maple Leafs, 7PM on CBC, TVA Sports, TSN 690 and 98,5 fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It really should be Scherbak - Galchneyuk - Lehkonen/Hudon. I have no sympathy when Julien whines after games about a lack of finish when he creates these kinds of line combinations. They kill the offense.

This is the only true form of tanking. It's all about player deployment, playing time and line combos. I don't like how Galchenyuk is being used with an offensive sinkhole like DLR but given where this team is at and what they're not playing for, I can't really complain about the lack of offence. This season can't be over soon enough.

Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lots of little details that went into the group pic. Molson beer, a vitamin drink for Price who had vitamin deficiencies last year plus Red Bulls for energy, a baby bottle for Drouin, a Bada Bing plate (haven't figured that one out yet), a crow in one of the plates in the middle of the table (now I know it was meant for Bergevin) and the "plan to get Bergeron". :laugh:

All of it bearing the mark of an elite shooper, embedded right there within the artwork:

26lan4.jpg

Job well done, sandviper. :handclap:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Lots of little details that went into the group pic. Molson beer, a vitamin drink for Price who had vitamin deficiencies last year plus Red Bulls for energy, a baby bottle for Drouin, a Bada Bing plate (haven't figured that one out yet), a crow in one of the plates in the middle of the table (now I know it was meant for Bergevin) and the "plan to get Bergeron". :laugh:

All of it bearing the mark of an elite shooper, embedded right there within the artwork:

26lan4.jpg

Job well done, sandviper. :handclap:

I wanted to say the same thing this morning haha

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
He was drafted to be a big strong grinder.
There is a difference between strong grinder and goon. Lars Eller is a big strong grinder and he doesn't need to drop the gloves or play like a prick to be effective.

That's how I projected McCarron.. Beast along the boards, good at puck protection and cycling. Not a punching bag wanna be goon .. To be fair he is neither at the NHL level tho.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
This is the only true form of tanking. It's all about player deployment, playing time and line combos. I don't like how Galchenyuk is being used with an offensive sinkhole like DLR but given where this team is at and what they're not playing for, I can't really complain about the lack of offence. This season can't be over soon enough.

True, but Julien unfortunately will be our coach next year. And these agonizing decisions will continue - they're not his idea of how to tank, they're his idea of how to try (and fail) to win.

This is the perfect time to let Chucky play through his growing pains at center - and there will be growing pains while he learns to play in his own zone. Might as well do that now while we're tanking.

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Prologue: It was the end of an successful season where the Canadiens met their goal of winning a division title, making the playoffs and grabbing the coveted 25th overall pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Habs management wasn't satisfied though, despite high praise from noted board members (HF board members that is), the Canadiens' supreme overlord, Marc Bergevin, sought out a defensive stud to add to his blue-line and snatched Karl Alzner.

That wasn't the only move he made as the Canadiens welcomed a local superstar to their team. Also, their franchise goaltender was locked into a team friendly deal according to the GM for the rest of our lives.

Yes, everyone was happy and in good spirits. Then it all went wrong...

View attachment 105277
View attachment 105279

Conclusion: So as this sad tale slowly comes to an end, the group reflects on this season. It was clear to most of the group that Galchenyuk was the sole reason for the downfall this season. As Pacioretty looks up to Plekanec for inspiration, Bergevin stares across the table wondering if Galchenyuk and their 2018 lottery pick would be enough to get Julien his Bergeron.

View attachment 105281

Practice Lines (March 16)
Byron - Drouin - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - de la Rose - Lehkonen
Hudon - L. Shaw - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Froese/McCarron - Carr

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Lernout

Confirmed for tonight: Lindgren

Go :habs Go (to the best lottery position that is)

I needed that, amazing! Laughed my head off, all the work that must go into it. There is not a single HFBoard that comes even remotely close to these jewels! Needed that after having to work first half of the day.

I'll be watching the game tonight, they are showing Hockey Night Canada on the NHL channel.

:popcorn:

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Leafs fan coming in peace. You guys probably have somewhat of a chance of winning since Matthews won't be playing but should be a good game regardless. I really like Mete and Drouin.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Leafs fan coming in peace. You guys probably have somewhat of a chance of winning since Matthews won't be playing but should be a good game regardless. I really like Mete and Drouin.

Mete’s out for the season, and Drouin is playing alright now that the season is done.

Thanks for stopping by.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Maple Leaf Pleks ... 7 games 0 goals 0 assists minus 2

He does know the leafs are not tanking doesn't he ?

Funniest quote of the week end so sar....... "we got pleks for play offs" :laugh:

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
A win today would put us 2 points behind the Blackhawks and 4 points behind the sinking Islanders.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I needed that, amazing! Laughed my head off, all the work that must go into it. There is not a single HFBoard that comes even remotely close to these jewels! Needed that after having to work first half of the day.

I'll be watching the game tonight, they are showing Hockey Night Canada on the NHL channel.

:popcorn:
Leafs Habs ??? ..... wont watch a shift.

Boston Tbay game of the night

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad