Prospect Info: Canadiens 2016 Rookie Tournament Thread (Sept 16th to 18th)

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Hudon has done absolutely nothing to impress me. I watch him and say to myself...he's a good AHL player. I hope he changes my opinion on him this preseason.

Best player for our AHL club two years in a row, 2 points in 3 games in the NHL on the 4th line. Excellent shot, playmaking and patience with the puck. If thats absolutely nothing you must HATE the rest of our prospects.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Best player for our AHL club two years in a row, 2 points in 3 games in the NHL on the 4th line. Excellent shot, playmaking and patience with the puck. If thats absolutely nothing you must HATE the rest of our prospects.

I like lots of our prospects, Hudon just never jumped out to me as being an effective/consistent NHL player. Like I said, I hope he changes my opinion of him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I like lots of our prospects, Hudon just never jumped out to me as being an effective/consistent NHL player. Like I said, I hope he changes my opinion of him.

We probably won't see Hudon until next year when he makes DD expendable...;)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We probably won't see Hudon until next year when he makes DD expendable...;)

What you really meant is DD extension will make Hudon expendable right? And we will see Hudon with another team right?

Cause DD will never be expendable for this management.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Concern as in needed to be seen in this pro environment, on a small ice surface, on a 82-game calendar. Not saying he's nto going to do it, I had no expectations of him, which is great, he could only surprise me to this point...and he actually already does. He does have the skills and IQ to do it. But we still need to wait how he adapts to this ice surface. Loved it when he said that he loved the ice surface...that's great to hear.

Oops. Sorry WS, I thought you were initially talking about Hudon but just went back in the thread and I saw that you were talking about Lehkonen.

You can forget my comment as I can't really comment on Lehkonen.

I have no doubt he's going to get NHL games in this year, just might not be on the opening night roster because he doesn't need waivers and others do. There aren't many bigger Hudon fans around here then me. Can't wait to see what he does in the NHL in a full season.

Maybe me! ;) I always have to bring up his name in Hab's prospects conversations with my entourage. I can't understand why he's never (almost) mentionned when talking about our most promising prospects.

Damn was hoping Bitten would get a game.

Me too but that is usual for new drafties. Even if they are doing great, they send them quickly to make sure they are with their team as soom as possible.

But correct me if I'm wrong but... Bitten doesn't really have a team to play with at the moment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Me too but that is usual for new drafties. Even if they are doing great, they send them quickly to make sure they are with their team as soom as possible.

But correct me if I'm wrong but... Bitten doesn't really have a team to play with at the moment?

He does have a team to go to. He just chooses not to report. I'm sure the Habs had something to do with telling him to find a better fit because Flint is really not the ideal place to develop at the moment, what with all the off ice problems they have there.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I wonder if they plan on giving Sergachev a 9 game tryout with the big club?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. And from an outsider's point of view, I only see it as a benefit. He'll be able to rub shoulders with the Markovs and Webers and Prices and Paciorettys of the team during real game situations and preparations. He'll go up against only NHL opposition (not like at camp where half the teams are made up of prospects and fringe players).

And unless he's blowing everyone away, they can send him back to Windsor where he'll play top minutes in all situations, play in the Memorial Cup (a unique experience, win or lose). All the while having a taste of the NHL to help him a year from now.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

He's injured so we don't even know if he's going to be there friday.....

Here the players left at the rookie camp:

McCarron
Lehkonen
Scherbak
Audette
Addison
Eisenschmid
Fiore

Sergachev
Juulsen
Lernout
Parisi
Jonshon

Lindgren
Fucale
McNiven

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
He's injured so we don't even know if he's going to be there friday.....

Here the players left at the rookie camp:

McCarron
Lehkonen
Scherbak
Audette
Addison
Eisenschmid
Fiore

Sergachev
Juulsen
Lernout
Parisi
Jonshon

Lindgren
Fucale
McNiven

Which of these Habs prospects was taken #1 in the 2012 QMJHL's Entry Draft? :nod:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fiore is the only invite still here.

Will he sign a contract like Miceli did last year ?

McCool is the other, but he is in the NHL or CHL boat, so perhaps they are waiting to see how he does at camp since the deadline to sign him will be coming up soon I believe, or else he'll have to go back into the draft.

I'm surprised they didn't sign a few guys to ECHL contracts like Miceli last year. I expect Didier to be in the AHL, Blain in the ECHL and Eisenschmid I'm not sure as I know it was said that the Habs really liked him before he got injured last year.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
McCool is the other, but he is in the NHL or CHL boat, so perhaps they are waiting to see how he does at camp since the deadline to sign him will be coming up soon I believe, or else he'll have to go back into the draft.

I'm surprised they didn't sign a few guys to ECHL contracts like Miceli last year. I expect Didier to be in the AHL, Blain in the ECHL and Eisenschmid I'm not sure as I know it was said that the Habs really liked him before he got injured last year.

McCool have been cut as well.

Do they really need other players for the AHL team? they look pretty complete no?

Samuelsson-Johnston
Henley-Lernout
Parisi-Didier

Thrower

They might also send a guy like Redmond who would be on the first pairing and probably be the best defenceman.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
McCool have been cut as well.

Do they really need other players for the AHL team? they look pretty complete no?

Samuelsson-Johnston
Henley-Lernout
Parisi-Didier

Thrower

They might also send a guy like Redmond who would be on the first pairing and probably be the best defenceman.

Depth for the ECHL, it wouldn't hurt and doesn't cost anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad