Canadian Soccer Part V; Top 40 @ the Iceteca

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
THF is hosting the Grey Cup in a couple of weeks, I think they are extending the seating, I wonder if they would keep it for this game.
Sadly that was scrapped about a month ago due to you know what. The league is holding the 2023 game at The Donut Box as something of a make good for having to do a scaled down Grey Cup this year.

Reactions: robertmac43

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Interesting from Oso. Been an amazing TFC player for a long while now, it would be sad to see him leave but challenging himself in Europe could go a long way for his development;

I think Jon is a bit past the age where players go to Europe. Would have been nice had he gone 2 years ago. I think as long as he's a regular under Bob Bradley he heads to Qatar. With the way we are progressing, there may not be a spot for him in 2026.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think Jon is a bit past the age where players go to Europe. Would have been nice had he gone 2 years ago. I think as long as he's a regular under Bob Bradley he heads to Qatar. With the way we are progressing, there may not be a spot for him in 2026.
I don't think he is looking for too drastic a move. I get the sense he just wants a slight increase in challenge.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I thought about Liga MX but I doubt he leaves to go south. Oso has a player option and gets good money here already, at that point might as well stay with what you know .
I'm just thinking "challenge" -wise. But at this point, how much different would the Mexican league be?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I guess it makes sense travel wise, but nonetheless I'm really bummed it's not here in Vancouver. Would have been great to see them play during this run live. January seems like an eternity away now :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Tomorrow’s draw is absolutely massive.

A CONCACAF draw vs OFC significantly increases the chance of the 4th place team qualifying.

A CONCACAF draw vs CONMEBOL is the opposite

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Don't leave it to chance, regardless of the draw. Finish top of the group, send a message to the rest of CONCOCAF that we're not here to f*** around. They've worked so hard for 8 games, if we can nab 6 or 7 points this upcoming window, I'd be very happy and would set us up nicely. Don't want to have this campaign come down to a final away game in Panama, that's for sure.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Don't leave it to chance, regardless of the draw. Finish top of the group, send a message to the rest of CONCOCAF that we're not here to f*** around. They've worked so hard for 8 games, if we can nab 6 or 7 points this upcoming window, I'd be very happy and would set us up nicely. Don't want to have this campaign come down to a final away game in Panama, that's for sure.

It’d really end up as a final one off against New Zealand or god forbid for OFC New Caledonia or Tahiti. That’s the absolute worst case scenario for Canada now.

New Zealand is terrible, haven’t played meaningful games almost entirely since the pandemic and practically no difference makers in the squad. I’m pretty confident they’d be near bottom of the Octagon if they were thrown in it.

Sep 19, 2008
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/womens-soccer-canada-mexico-friendlies-result-1.6265382

A spirited comeback attempt fell just short as the Canadian women's soccer team saw its five-game winning streak ended with a 2-1 loss to Mexico on Saturday.

Second-half substitution Jordyn Huitema scored in the 86th minute to give the Olympic champions life, but Mexico held on and weathered a number of excellent Canadian chances to beat Canada for just the second time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad