Canadian Soccer Part V; Top 40 @ the Iceteca

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Interesting look into the recruitment process for the CPL. Taking risks on youth players should be really good for the leagues growth;

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So Intercontinental playoff will be one leg at a neutral location.

Let's just hope we don't have to worry about that.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
David with 2 goals already against Monaco. Only 20 minutes in.

Davies not starting today for Bayern.

watching right now

David could have easily had a third. Went in alone vs the sliding keeper but just couldn't quite lift the ball high enough over him.

Reactions: Tuggy

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
David with 2 goals already against Monaco. Only 20 minutes in.

Davies not starting today for Bayern.

As good as Herdman has been, I think he's not fully utilizing David. I think playing him in a false 9/CAM role with a striker like Larin would do wonders.

I'd like to see them try a 3-4-1-2:

Johnston - Vitoria - Miller
Laryea - Atiba - Eustaquio - Buchanan
David
Larin - Davies

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
As good as Herdman has been, I think he's not fully utilizing David. I think playing him in a false 9/CAM role with a striker like Larin would do wonders.

I'd like to see them try a 3-4-1-2:

Johnston - Vitoria - Miller
Laryea - Atiba - Eustaquio - Buchanan
David
Larin - Davies

I don't know about the formation, but something is off here. When I watch David with Lille, and I compare to what he does with Canada it is night and day... Like, when I watch him with Canada I am not even sure he should be on the pitch... I want the Lile David in red and white. Clearly it is usage. That being said, hard to complain with the team results... but it seems like he has a lot more to give if put in a different position.

Reactions: Cloned

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I don't know about the formation, but something is off here. When I watch David with Lille, and I compare to what he does with Canada it is night and day... Like, when I watch him with Canada I am not even sure he should be on the pitch... I want the Lile David in red and white. Clearly it is usage. That being said, hard to complain with the team results... but it seems like he has a lot more to give if put in a different position.

David either needs to be leading the line or playing in support of whoever is leading the line. I would like to see him sort of play underneath Larin. Maybe in a 4-2-3-1? Always tough to put this lineup together because you have to leave good players out.

Larin
Davies - David - Buchanan
Hutch - Eustaquio
Adekugbe/Laryea - Miller - Vitoria - Johntson/Laryea

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Big game for Lille today in the Champions League.

Up against FC Salzburg and a win would go a long way in helping them reach the round of 16. We'll see if David and can continue his goal scoring :)

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Big game for Lille today in the Champions League.

Up against FC Salzburg and a win would go a long way in helping them reach the round of 16. We'll see if David and can continue his goal scoring :)

Ah yes! Thank you for the reminder. Pretty sure I can find a "2nd" screen to pop that on ;-)

I have generally had zero interest in international club football, I have tried for years to get into it (I am a decent Toronto FC fan). With the success of our CMNT lately, I find myself following the CL to see how "our" players are doing. Maybe that will bleed into ECL and others as we go forward here.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Really don't think there are many issues in playing Larin ahead of David. Games are coming fast so it's good to get some rotation, and Larin has been in incredible form for Canada in 2021.
I'm interested to see David playing off of Larin in a 4 - 4 - 2. Larin being the more natural number 9. Herdman is a smarter man than I, so i will leave the formation up to him. I just think David is better utilized playing with a number 9.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Interesting from Oso. Been an amazing TFC player for a long while now, it would be sad to see him leave but challenging himself in Europe could go a long way for his development;

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sounding like there is a chance of the first away game will be played in Columbus. Concerns about traveling to El Salvador with COVID and all the European-based players is an issue.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sounding like there is a chance of the first away game will be played in Columbus. Concerns about traveling to El Salvador with COVID and all the European-based players is an issue.
If I'm El Salvador I'd request the match be played in DC with fans allowed as that area has a huge Salvadoran population.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad