Olympics: Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium released its interactive Viewers' Guide

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
CTV is saying it'll be released soon. those with twitter and ask them for a specific time.

can you tell me what channel the hockey games will be broad-casted on I really want to know

The broadcast schedule will be released soon with all the info! We'll tweet the link when it's ready. Thanks for following!

Link

---------------------------------

Network Highlights for CTV, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, V and RDS

The complete broadcast schedule will be announced on February 1 in the Viewers’ Guide, presented by Bell, at CTVOlympics.ca and RDSolympqiues.ca. Below is an overview of live event coverage by day for CTV, TSN, Rogers Sportsnet, V and RDS.

Link to Network Highlights

---------------------------------

So have they released the TV schedule for the Mens and Women Olympic hockey games yet? When?

talking about North America TV Broadcast.

know that CTV Globemedia and NBC Universal will be taking the biggest chunk in this.

For those in Canada, i think i can say with certainty that not too much people have TSN2.
And some of us have a desire to watch for instance Mens Sweden vs Germany.

If they decide to put a game like that on TSN2, some of us would like to be prepared and order the channel before hand.

Maybe even the NHL Network will carry a couple games, that might otherwise be forced to stream online.

Last edited:

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
The Broadcast Schedule for Canada’s Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium (which includes CTV, TSN, RDS, RIS Info Sports, Rogers Sportsnet, OMNI, OLN, V, APTN and ATN) will be announced on January 11, 2010.

Link

The Big Swede*

Well found out in not too long

Any ideas which station will be doing the Canada games and who the PBP are going to be?

g35

Apr 28, 2006
CBC had live and on-demand internet streams of every event at the Beijing Olympics. Can anyone confirm whether the CTV consortium will do the same thing?

I can't confirm this but I suspect they will. TSN.ca had all of Canada's WJC games. Maybe not every event, but CTV definitely is capable and also has a shiny new website to do it with. watch.ctv.ca and watch.tsn.ca also have just about all of their TV shows online.

MIKE GUNDY*

man i hope games not including canada are aired on channels that are not TSN2

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
I can't confirm this but I suspect they will. TSN.ca had all of Canada's WJC games. Maybe not every event, but CTV definitely is capable and also has a shiny new website to do it with. watch.ctv.ca and watch.tsn.ca also have just about all of their TV shows online.

They are going to show everything, either on one of the many, many channels (CTV, TSN, Sportsnet, APTN, etc), or online. Television should have most events on them, as they are going to have lots of Olympic coverage (CTV is planning on 22 hours a day of Olympic-related content; I would imagine TSN and Sportsnet to not be far behind). So any event you want will be available somewhere.

The press release from last February:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/corp/CTVShows/20090209/ctv_20090209/20090209?hub=announce

The key pieces of information:

Every second of Games competition to be streamed live; record 2,400 hours of coverage

During the Games, there will be up to 14 concurrent live streams available. There will be live feeds of five networks - CTV, TQS, Rogers Sportsnet, TSN, RDS - plus live host broadcast streams of every single sport/discipline. All live streaming will be in enhanced definition and available on-demand, including full-event, replays, highlights, features and interviews

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
CBC had live and on-demand internet streams of every event at the Beijing Olympics. Can anyone confirm whether the CTV consortium will do the same thing?

I don't think cbc did have every event live and ondemand.From what i have been reading this is the first time ever all events will be broadcast.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
any idea of NHL Network would televise any games in the U.S.???

Probably not, as NBC and its partners have the rights to the Olympics. I would imagine however that every hockey game (not just USA ones) would be available on some platform, whether it is on CNBC, MSNBC, Universal or online. If you have any of those channels, I would imagine you won't miss the action.

Likewise in Canada, as has been mentioned earlier, EVERY second of EVERY event will be broadcast either on television or online. You will not miss a second of hockey action (including Germany vs. Belarus) if you live in Canada, and are willing to watch the games online. Similarly, if you are a skeleton fan, you can watch every run of "skeleton" from Jeff Pain (Canadian) down to the Ukrainian competitor.

You can also bet your house that all of Canada's hockey games will be aired live on the main CTV network. I bet we'll see all the high profile Canadians compete on CTV during their main events (Klassen, Wotherspoon, Heil... etc). I also think we'll see the non-Canadian hockey games (eg: Sweden/Finland; Czech/Russia) on TSN or Sportsnet.

Cineplex Odeon across Canada has actually committed to airing the entire 17 days of the Olympics at many of their movie theatres outside of Vancouver. On their bigscreens, they will be airing the CTV feed by the sounds of it, and you can get a 17 day pass for $29.99. A single day pass will go for $9.99.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
thanks but that sucks ill be at work and most of the usa games since alot of start times are noon start im suprised they start that early because that would mean the games would start at 9 am over there.:help:

It's Pacific time, it says Vancouver date/time.

The first two US games are at 3 eastern, the US-Canada game is 7:45 eastern.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
During the summer games a whole bunch of the events were live on the web in a great web application. I would love it if the winter games got the same.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
During the summer games a whole bunch of the events were live on the web in a great web application. I would love it if the winter games got the same.

I'm sure they will do that for many of the minor sports although it probably won't be as much as there are less events in the Winter Games. As such the hockey may not be streamed because every game should be on TV. It was like that the last time around and this year there are less games in the tournament.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
The second post of this thread says Jan. 11th, and it has passed.

Any other date now?

they did actually have a media release earlier today (around 5:30pm EST.)

it didn't list specific events on where its gonna be broadcasted. but it did list what each channel's daily routine scheduling would be.
For example: James Duthie and this other female (think it was Lisa) is going to be hosting CTV Daytime. and that'll kick off at 3am PST.

No idea why they took it off. Keep an eye on any media releases

http://ctvmedia.ca/olympics/releases/

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
I'm hoping this is some how wrong, but here's the schedule they put up on CTV.

http://ctvmedia.ca/olympics/releases/release.asp?id=12052&yyyy=2010

The preliminary round coverage blows big time. Other than the Canada games there are a few others on RDS (french only??).
As far as I can tell they are not airing the following games:

Feb 17 CZE - SVK
Feb 18 RUS - SVK
Feb 21 RUS - CZE
Feb 21 SWE - FIN

Maybe the Americans will save us, as I recall they televised every game in Salt Lake...

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I'm hoping this is some how wrong, but here's the schedule they put up on CTV.

http://ctvmedia.ca/olympics/releases/release.asp?id=12052&yyyy=2010

The preliminary round coverage blows big time. Other than the Canada games there are a few others on RDS (french only??).
As far as I can tell they are not airing the following games:

Feb 17 CZE - SVK
Feb 18 RUS - SVK
Feb 21 RUS - CZE
Feb 21 SWE - FIN

Maybe the Americans will save us, as I recall they televised every game in Salt Lake...

I would not count on the states broadcasting every game they may but i would not count on it.The broadcast schedule does not blow at all it likely will be the best out of all the countrys.Very few will be on air live as much as ctv etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad