Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is not the Stars teams of the past. They are not an overly physical team. They play hard but do not go looking for checks.

IMO this series boils down to four things:

1) In Dallas, we know Pete DeBoer will try to play Wyatt Johnston against Ross Colton. He is our worst defensive center. How do he and Wood hold up, especially without Kiviranta (who would have put Kivi as the glue guy in October lol)?

2) Can Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Rantanen, Trenin, etc get in front of Oettinger like they did Hellebuyck? Dallas D is not all that different from Winnipeg.

3) Will the real Nathan MacKinnon please stand up? He can't be a PP merchant in this series. He likely plays against Hintz every game. He has to win that 5v5 matchup.

4) Can Georgiev hold up? Like the 1st round, just don't cost the Avs games.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
This is not the Stars teams of the past. They are not an overly physical team. They play hard but do not go looking for checks.

IMO this series boils down to four things:

1) In Dallas, we know Pete DeBoer will try to play Wyatt Johnston against Ross Colton. He is our worst defensive center. How do he and Wood hold up, especially without Kiviranta (who would have put Kivi as the glue guy in October lol)?

2) Can Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Rantanen, Trenin, etc get in front of Oettinger like they did Hellebuyck? Dallas D is not all that different from Winnipeg.

3) Will the real Nathan MacKinnon please stand up? He can't be a PP merchant in this series. He likely plays against Hintz every game. He has to win that 5v5 matchup.

4) Can Georgiev hold up? Like the 1st round, just don't cost the Avs games.
I am the most worried about Georgiev.

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
keep Nuke away from any temptations and loaded with Red Bull and that storyline will be good. Nuke beats Dallas in 6.

Duchenne storyline is kinda a thing but I think he's been gone long enough and on other teams - don't think its much. He'll recapture his 'monkey' and be his not-as-good-as-he-thinks-he-is self.

DeBoer and Bednar - ultimately the players have to show up and perform. I think our team is at least as hungry as Dallas; also, wanted them over Vegas Golden Cap-Cheats. (juvenile but I'm ok with that. If Landy does present himself in these SC playoffs, I'll change my tune. I have my doubts. IF we get to finals - dropping in Landeskog would be a distraction frankly. Keep the team that made it there.)

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
The TV angle at the Dallas rink is a straight up abomination. f*** being able to see the puck along the boards right?

Will Dallas be able to slow the Avs down? Will George play like an average NHL goaltender? Will MacKinnon and Mikko play like we know they can? Will Nuke go full on revenge mode and take over the series?

Heart says Avs in 5, brain says Dallas in 7 because we can't have nice things.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006

Agree with all of these. Stars aren't overly physical these days. They definitely have the skill up front to try and keep up with us. I think we see a few high scoring games in this series.

I'm hoping that we can continue to take advantage of our speed and puck movement. Similar to the Jets who had guys who could not keep up us (their 2nd line). The Stars have some slower guys we can exploit especially some of the top guys and older ones. Of the top of my head Benn, Robertson, Pavelski, and Seguin aren't exactly going to hurt you with speed. Also seems like they've essentially been playing 5 D. If we can continue to roll 4 effective lines I don't see any reason why we can't grind then down.

Last edited:

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
Oh, you can bet he wants nothing more than to beat the Avs, and score a bunch vs them.
Yes - I think HE has this as a personal goal ... as an Avs fan from their beginning - not much there for me. We've spanked his ass a number of times and ways since the departure. We are his white whale ... kinda fun :cool:

Last edited:

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Should be an excellent series. The overall caliber of play is good enough to be a cup final.

Just looking at the numbers… the Avs top players had good production vs Dallas this year, sans Nuke, who was just ok.

Georgiev; .833, .971, .875, .893

I feel better about this series than I did the Winnipeg series. Dallas is very good though, it will be a battle. Depth could be exposed a bit with a lot of guys missing. Hopefully Drouin is back soon. I’m taking Avs in 6.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
f*** it Avs in 4

wwe-ric-flair.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad