GDT: Canada vs Sweden, Dec 29, 1pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
People didn't start picking on him until this game. When no one scored any goals against a team that hasn't given up a goal against yet. Makes perfect sense, you need a fall guy.
Notice it’s only you, a Leafs fan, defending a Leafs prospect? It’s not a “fall guy”, it’s a player who’s our captain and supposed to be one of our best players and has been incredibly useless.

Maybe he’ll be a decent player one day for Toronto but right now, on Canada, he suuucks dude.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well deserved win for Sweden, full credit there. Very composed.

Canada certainly needs to be better. The biggest issue in my opinion is that the game was completely played on Sweden's terms. You don't engage in a war of attrition with Finland, you don't trade chances with Russia, and you don't have a neat, tidy game against Sweden. Good sign that Rousseau played well. If one of the chances that Savoie generated went it it could be a different game. A lot of Sweden's offence was big wrist shots from distance and those can be managed.

I thought that, outside of Rousseau, Savoie was Canada's best player. He's been snake bitten and tries to do too much sometimes, but he was the kind of player Canada needed to break open a game like this. He was willing to try things and put pressure on Sweden's defence, not just go with the flow of the game. Biggest issue for me remains Minten, or moreso how he is used. The guy seems to have the second worst hands (next to Allard) on the team, but he's playing wing on an offensive line and more significantly deployed on the flank of the first power play. It is fine that he's the captain but he needs to be put in a place to help the team win, not blow chances he isn't up to. He'd probably look great on Beck's line, not that that line needs anything changed.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sweden looked impressive today. Definitely earned the win. Honestly I thought the score flattered Canada. They were giving up prime scoring opportunities like candy.

Reactions: Devonator
Mar 12, 2009
no one with hands or finishing skills (except 1 left one the bench). D can't move the puck out of their zone or calm it down in their zone. Don't know what the goalie was doing in the too man men.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Testing

Okay really.
Quotes doesn’t work on this cr*p forum.
Might be different, but hit quote. At the bottom hit "insert multiple quotes."

Then hit "quote message"

Should work.

Or just hit "reply" if there's only one. If there's more than one, then just hit "reply" and responded to them. If no one else posts, it will automatically edit your first post and add in your 2nd post, which is a nice feature I like.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I know not to argue with someone as elite as yourself.

come now, you think I can't recognize talent?
I honestly have no idea what are you even trying to say. As for the call, just like the previous poster I originally quoted, I can only suggest you go and read the definition of boarding.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Notice it’s only you, a Leafs fan, defending a Leafs prospect? It’s not a “fall guy”, it’s a player who’s our captain and supposed to be one of our best players and has been incredibly useless.

Maybe he’ll be a decent player one day for Toronto but right now, on Canada, he suuucks dude.
Nah, I also defended Comtois years ago. This is a HFBoards posters issue. It's a scapegoat, piling on issue where I call out bad posters. Comtois was crucified for not scoring on a penalty shot. It was ridiculous as is Minten's critism for not scoring tonight when we weren't really even close.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Minten is being put in a position he shouldn't be in really. That isn't his fault as much as it is the coaches. Even as a Leaf fans his usage in a major offensive role is extremely confusing.

Yep. Realistically should be playing as a third line checking C. Maybe PP2 at best. Cowan is the guy that should be getting a bit more offensive opportunity away from Poitras and Savoie who lack hockey sense.

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Poitras with the biggest gaffe of the game- if only because it was followed by a great pass and shot by Sweden.

Minten didn’t bother me that much. Geekie has some frustrating moments, but then could have buried that net-front chance and completely redeemed himself.

No clue how that isn’t at least 2 minutes for boarding on the Beck hit. Totally braindead and cowardly call- but that’s why they’re referees.

I like our chances in a rematch if it gets there.

Reactions: novisor and Smif

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Who am I missing out on? Jordan Dumais? 5’8” slow manlet that can’t skate or shoot? Guess anyone can be an offensive dynamo in that league.
lots of good players not named dumais in the league.. typical ohl goon who thinks nothing exists outside the ohl

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
lots of good players not named dumais in the league.. typical ohl goon who thinks nothing exists outside the ohl

No I respect the WHL and the quality of prospects they produce. I don’t think the Q has produced anything notable since Mackinnon, but I could be wrong!

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Jordan Dumais is a perfect example of why you don’t take the Quebec League seriously.
Not really credible when you trash an entire league. Dumais finds ways to get points but he has issues when the game raises in stakes. Last year there was Roy who was one of Canada's best players. Some players shine and some don't it doesn't matter what league they come from. There are plenty of HOFers from the Q to prove your statement wrong. And Rousseau was by far the best player for Canada...from the Q.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
last 4 memorial cups dude. posts like this make you look like an idiot

I am not sure the Q doing a better job of loading up its top teams means much in comparison of the talent of the leagues. That is shown in the make-up of the World Juniors and the draft each year which the Q is not impressive at producing talent for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad