GDT: Canada vs Sweden, Dec 29, 1pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
i suggest toronto uses minton in a trade for a top 4 d lol. that kid is not gonna be anything special. keep cowan though

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Poitras needs to play much better.

For someone coming right from the NHL, he's looked slow and lazy.
He sets up guys and they miss the net or put it into the crest, all these high-scoring players are coming up empty. Not every game is going to be against Latvia. Just look at that breakaway they missed, Savoie deked himself out.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Goalies always forgotten

I don't think he was bad but he didn't make any great saves, largely because Sweden didn't force him to. I don't blame him on either goal. If you have to give it to someone sure he gets it but with the way they played I would have liked to see the statement made that nobody gets it with a zero effort performance like that.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
He had the most chances for Canada tbh. No Canadian forward looked impressive tonight imo. People are just piling on the scapegoat because Minten had an accidental high stick on a backcheck tonight.
No, people pick on him because the second he gets puck, you know we are not scoring a goal. I know he’s your boy, but tbh he’s shit. Worst captain we’ve had some f***ing Comtois

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He had the most chances for Canada tbh. No Canadian forward looked impressive tonight imo. People are just piling on the scapegoat because Minten had an accidental high stick on a backcheck tonight.

Thought it was more how often he has to dust the puck off on the PP. He couldn't get things to the net quickly, then had the fumble to Mateychuk that the Swedes broke back on the breakaway.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Thought it was more how often he has to dust the puck off on the PP. He couldn't get things to the net quickly, then had the fumble to Mateychuk that the Swedes broke back on the breakaway.
That wasn't Minten but keep piling on, gj.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
“Canada had 18 shots on goal with 4:50 seconds left in the game, that tells you everything you need to know about swedens structure and defense”

- Mike Johnston

Reactions: NyQuil

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
does it feel weird when you see something so surely that after a long review, with multiple people, the call went against what you thought?

like do you feel everyone was wrong, and you are right?

or do you start to try and consider why you are wrong?
So the people reviewing the play are "everyone"? Do you think there has never ever been a review which resulted in a bad decision?

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
No, people pick on him because the second he gets puck, you know we are not scoring a goal. I know he’s your boy, but tbh he’s shit. Worst captain we’ve had some f***ing Comtois
People didn't start picking on him until this game. When no one scored any goals against a team that hasn't given up a goal against yet. Makes perfect sense, you need a fall guy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
People didn't start picking on him until this game. When no one scored any goals against a team that hasn't given up a goal against yet. Makes perfect sense, you need a fall guy.

Having had to work through every GDT, he's certainly had a lot of criticism aimed his way prior to today. Again, I don't think it does him any favors being asked to do the things he's being asked to do.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

He was nowhere near the best forward and would be in the running for worst forward of the game and tournament so far. Part of this might not be his fault as he is being forced on to the top line and top PP where he isn't good enough to be, but he has wasted so many chances for the better players with how long he takes to make a decision. It has been killing the PP.

Overall I would say Poitras has been the most disappointing because he is actually good so should be expected to do something but pointing out the fact that Minten has been bad isn't piling on it is just what is happening out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad