GDT: Canada vs Denmark

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
It will be a hard fight and difficult game for us Switzerland against Germany to fix the first place in the groupe. I hope we will win against Germany because if Germany wins against us tomorrow, Switzerland is only second in the groupe. If Finland loses too against the Czechs on regulation Finland drops to third place.
That would mean my dream final Finland - Switzerland is again impossible because Finland and Switzerland would play the quarterfinal against each other.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
But the rule I quoted comes from the official webpage of THESE world championships. I think that supersedes what you quoted. Look (under „tie breaking formula“):

The things you and @torero posted are two different things.

His rule is about the seeding in the semi-final round. While yours is about the ranking in the preliminary round.
So you are correct Germany would win the group with any regulation win vs. Switzerland.
Because your quote determines "placement in the group"

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The things you and @torero posted are two different things.

His rule is about the seeding in the semi-final round. While yours is about the ranking in the preliminary round.
So you are correct Germany would win the group with any regulation win vs. Switzerland.
Because your quote determines "placement in the group"
Yes, thank you.

Reactions: torero

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
It will be a hard fight and difficult game for us Switzerland against Germany to fix the first place in the groupe. I hope we will win against Germany because if Germany wins against us tomorrow, Switzerland is only second in the groupe. If Finland loses too against the Czechs on regulation Finland drops to third place.
That would mean my dream final Finland - Switzerland is again impossible because Finland and Switzerland would play the quarterfinal against each other.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Our side looks pretty good, I like the determination. I dont remember we ever won against Canada, from my recollection, so that is very welcome.

However as others have mentioned, the schedule could work against Denmark, seeing we are playing a rested side tomorrow. But I imagine this team will do fine

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and Valdemar

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
In Denmark we have 3 records about Canada , First ever win in WC today 3-2 , DK hockey players 6K vs 600K , biggest loss ever in WC 47-0 . Never lost in Football/Soccer haha

Reactions: hn777

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
I have a theory that as soon as Canada meet a red and white team they get confused and think they are playing against "Team Canada" and loses ....

Denmark's great in team sports, I have seen many of these players before (also in the swedish league) and they are creative and smart and could cause upsets for many teams ....

Norway is great in many individual sports, but in hockey they are not nearly as creative or fun to watch as the danes ...

Reactions: hn777

MasterPecno

Dec 14, 2021
It’s safe to say that this will most likely be julien last as head coach of Canadian national team.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I am sure the Danish goal posts were not legal today I swear they were each 8 inch diamater

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Historic win for Denmark but I doubt Canada was taking that game very seriously. They knew they are (de facto) in the QF and will face one of SWE, FIN, CZE, USA. They barely had any motivation to try hard. But still a great performance by Denmark.

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022
Historic win for Denmark but I doubt Canada was taking that game very seriously. They knew they are (de facto) in the QF and will face one of SWE, FIN, CZE, USA. They barely had any motivation to try hard. But still a great performance by Denmark.
I get the sentiment but I am doubtful it is true. Canada is the number one hockey country in the world and if anything the personal pride of the players should be enough to motivate them.

It is a great accomplishment for Denmark, but at the same time an embarrassment for Canada

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I really dislike comments like this, lowkey downplaying Denmark after their big win. These wins are serious lifefuel for smaller hockey nations, and professional athletes always takes these things seriously, whether it's a street hockey game with friends let alone World Championships.

But at the same time, nothing has changed with Team Canada, i never draw too big conclusions of these games. Still playing for gold with Finland, Czechs, Swiss and Swedes.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I really dislike comments like this, lowkey downplaying Denmark after their big win. These wins are serious lifefuel for smaller hockey nations, and professional athletes always takes these things seriously, whether it's a street hockey game with friends let alone World Championships.

But at the same time, nothing has changed with Team Canada, i never draw too big conclusions of these games. Still playing for gold with Finland, Czechs, Swiss and Swedes.

I agree it was a big win for Denmark, they were playing great and with a big heart (paying for it today vs. Slovakia). I don't want to say Canada lost intentionally or that they weren't trying at all, anything like that. I just doubt Barzal and co. would dare to play some situation the way they were playing them yesterday, be it play a off game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad