Switzerland can still end 1st or 2nd.
Germany can still end 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
Canada can still end 2nd, 3rd or 4th.
Denmark can still end 3rd, 4th, or 5th
Slovakia can still end 4th or 5th.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Nope. We need to win by 3 to make sure it's in our hands. If we win by less than 3 (in regulation), Canada will have to take at least a point against France.
Just noticed. I had tv muted when they mentioned the France game. I hope we come out and play our best, and pray for Canada success

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
It's been tough to cheer for the men's Canadian teams over the past few years, not only due to no NHLers at Olympics, but also these C to D-tier international rosters.
Still, you would imagine they were able to beat a Danish team consisting of players from various European leagues, including the Danish which is like 3rd or 4th grade in Europe.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
You just know they will step up as usual. Kanada in Round Robin isn’t the same Kanada as in the playoff.
Its very unlikely Canada will be 4th. If Canada beat France on regulation and Germany takes even one point from Switzerland and Denmark beats Slovakia in regulation, then Canada is 4th.

I expect the group will be:
Switzerland
Canada
Germany
Denmark

I can't see Slovakia beating the defence of Denmark.

Reactions: Brunkmeister

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Slovakia is rested tomorrow so they are favorites against Denmark. Canada will tomorrow outscore France and have a strong comeback. Or they should.

Reactions: hn777

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Its very unlikely Canada will be 4th. If Canada beat France on regulation and Germany takes even one point from Switzerland and Denmark beats Slovakia in regulation, then Canada is 4th.

I expect the group will be:
Switzerland
Canada
Germany
Denmark

I can't see Slovakia beating the defence of Denmark.

Danish are out of gas, seem like Slovakia is the favourite.
and I don't see Germany will win againts Swiss.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Red flags with a white cross are Canada's cryptonite :)

Take it easy ... whatever ... the later we play you, the better i will feel ... nothing has changed.

Goalie Trapezoid

May 23, 2022
Winnipeg should consider Heinz Ehlers as an assistant coach. They have a history of players dads coaching in the organization.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
They will have to win against Switzerland by 6 goals.
Is there something that I am missing? By the rules, if Germany beats us tomorrow, they‘re first in the group.

The tie-breaking system for two teams with the same number of points in a standing will be the game between the two teams, the winner of the game taking precedence.“

member 305909

The scheduling is awful. Tomorrow Denmark have another game they need to win while their opponents rested today.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Is there something that I am missing? By the rules, if Germany beats us tomorrow, they‘re first in the group.

The tie-breaking system for two teams with the same number of points in a standing will be the game between the two teams, the winner of the game taking precedence.“
a copy paste from the iihf rules :

In the semi-finals the best-ranked team - criteria: 1) placement in the group, 2) points in the preliminary round, 3) goal difference in the preliminary round, 4) goals scored in the preliminary round, 5) seeding coming into the tournament - will play against the lowest-ranked semi-finalist. The 2nd-best ranked semi-finalist will play the 3rd-best ranked semi-finalist. Both semi-final games will be played in Tampere. The host if qualified, or otherwise the best-ranked semi-finalist according to beforementioned criteria, shall play the early game. The time slots will officially be determined after the quarter-final games.

i got this from : IIHF - Tournament Info 2022 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

what is the source of your quote ?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

In the semi-finals the best-ranked team - criteria: 1) placement in the group, 2) points in the preliminary round, 3) goal difference in the preliminary round, 4) goals scored in the preliminary round, 5) seeding coming into the tournament - will play against the lowest-ranked semi-finalist. The 2nd-best ranked semi-finalist will play the 3rd-best ranked semi-finalist. Both semi-final games will be played in Tampere. The host if qualified, or otherwise the best-ranked semi-finalist according to beforementioned criteria, shall play the early game. The time slots will officially be determined after the quarter-final games.
But the rule I quoted comes from the official webpage of THESE world championships. I think that supersedes what you quoted. Look (under „tie breaking formula“):

Yes, like someone else below my post said, what you are quoting is for the SEMIFINALS.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

i got this from : IIHF - Tournament Info 2022 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

what is the source of your quote ?
Dude, that's in the semi-finals

Reactions: torero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad