Canada/US exhibition match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
nomorekids said:
Wow, Cullen is having some tournament. 3 goals in 2 games.

Well, pre-tournament exhibition games....... Cullen's a better player than his NHL stats would indicate. Good size and skill-set.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Man, what is going on in Quebec City? :shakehead

Canada better get back to playing hard. I've only listened to a bit but it seems like there is some intensity/battles after the whistle.

Personally I really didn't expect the USA to play this well with the roster they have, but it shows what hard work can do. Seemed like Gionta was playing a pretty strong game.

And that these are only exhibitions and really mean nothing when they get over to the bigger rinks. Still interesting games though.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Quiet Robert said:
Man, what is going on in Quebec City? :shakehead

Canada better get back to playing hard. I've only listened to a bit but it seems like there is some intensity/battles after the whistle.

Personally I really didn't expect the USA to play this well with the roster they have, but it shows what hard work can do. Seemed like Gionta was playing a pretty strong game.

And that these are only exhibitions and really mean nothing when they get over to the bigger rinks. Still interesting games though.

which was foolish. the USA roster is a lot stronger than most realize, and in fact is stronger than the roster of many of the teams not named "canada."

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Team USA is a lot better than most give it credit for, and I'm a Team Canada fan. There's not very many big-name stars, but every player on the team plays hard, and will do what it takes to get as far as they can. Not an all-star team, but very good nonetheless.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
nomorekids said:
which was foolish. the USA roster is a lot stronger than most realize, and in fact is stronger than the roster of many of the teams not named "canada."

Hey I know they have a pretty strong roster (relative to the other teams), I was just saying that when it stacked up against Canada's, on paper, I didn't think they would be able to play this well in these exhibition games, that's all.

No doubt though, against the other teams (including Canada tonight), they match up very well. Again, it shows what can happen when a team works hard and plays as a unit.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
maybe canada should have played one of the other 2 teams, you know..the "b" or "c" team that I hear could still beat anyone ;)

i keed, i keed.

entertaining game to listen to while i watched the Mets slug the Nats and kept hitting refresh on the Admirals\Ducks game.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Oh my goodness... :amazed: And I'm not referring to the game, I just saw the hilites of the girl singing the American anthem. She forgot the words then said sorry and tried again. She forgot them again and then ran off for a few seconds. She comes running back in and tries to step back onto the ice but takes a huge spill. Then she leaves. Unreal. What a horrible day for her.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Steadfast said:
Oh my goodness... :amazed: And I'm not referring to the game, I just saw the hilites of the girl singing the American anthem. She forgot the words then said sorry and tried again. She forgot them again and then ran off for a few seconds. She comes running back in and tries to step back onto the ice but takes a huge spill. Then she leaves. Unreal. What a horrible day for her.

I saw it too. Absolutely embarrasing. If she becomes a big star someday, they'll keep playing this one over and over again.

Feb 24, 2004
Is it wrong for me to laugh at her? I mean I feel bad that she forgot the words, but she wasn't even close. And then she steps back on and just falls, wow.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
leafs4thecup said:
Is it wrong for me to laugh at her? I mean I feel bad that she forgot the words, but she wasn't even close. And then she steps back on and just falls, wow.

Wow, do I feel sorry for that girl.
She made the #1 spot on ESPN's "not top 10 plays of the week".
She just layed there on the ice for a few seconds after falling too......how embarrasing. :(

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Steadfast said:

:biglaugh:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I didn't realize the game was available on the web, until I came into this thread an saw the link to team990.I only caught the last 17 mins.

was DiPietro wandering?

The announcers said Canada scored 3 pp goals.Jason Blake's a very good pk player,very dangerous on the pk.I'd have liked to have seen him on the US pk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad