Canada/US exhibition match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
TSN just showed some highlights from the first period. 2-0 Canada after one. Boyle has a goal and an assist, other goal to Nash from Heatly I think it was....

Probably nearing the end of the second by now, but I don't know what the score was..

time

Feb 26, 2005
Thanks for the update. I'm starving.

I've been searching everywhere for an internet broadcast. I thought maybe there might be some radio coverage. . . but I can't even find the score!

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
There's definitely camera coverage of it, TSN showed 1st period highlights and sportsnet had an interview with Luongo during the game with the action taking place right behind them, they kept turning around to watch whenever anything exciting happened.

It might be on Leafs TV or something like Canada's exhibition games for the World Cup were back in August.

Oil_slick9416*

i hate this. Every canadian hockey game should be on TV! even the exhibition games.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I couldn't find anywhere ... I tried both Canadianhockey.ca / usahockey.com and even Halifax arena's website ... but there's nothing.

time

Feb 26, 2005
wilka91 said:
I couldn't find anywhere ... I tried both Canadianhockey.ca / usahockey.com and even Halifax arena's website ... but there's nothing.

I'm surprised we didn't bump into each other. . .

Oil_slick9416*

time said:
Is the score posted anywhere? I can't get to a TV.

score is 2-0 canada after 40 minutes, just saw an update on tsn...jen hedger is hot :amazed:

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Oil_slick9416 said:
me too, at least there is 2 games on tomorrow...i'll be watching those!

Plus London-Kitchener is on here as well for me in the evening.

Now just imagine there was NHL playoffs as well.... I'd certainly be failing my exam tomorrow night if that were the case.

The game must be over by now, no?

Oil_slick9416*

Injektilo said:
Plus London-Kitchener is on here as well for me in the evening.

Now just imagine there was NHL playoffs as well.... I'd certainly be failing my exam tomorrow night if that were the case.

The game must be over by now, no?

one would think.

gretzky99

Rabid Ranger said:
Sounds like a good effort from the U.S. Brodeur the differance maker, like he usually is........... :cry: ;)

He only played half the game, and it was the first half. So I think that you can't simply pass Brodeur as the "Differance maker" as if Canada and USA are equal if Brodeur wasn't playing. I know you are an avid USA fan, which I am fine with, but I think your opinion is obscured. I think that team Canada is FAR better then USA.

Heres THN's take:

Gold: Canada
Silver: Czech Republic
Bronze: Finland
Russia
Sweden
Slovakia
United States
Switzerland

Basically, I think the the United States should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Canada. I think Canada could easily ice two teams that could dismantle the Americans best team.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
gretzky99 said:
He only played half the game, and it was the first half. So I think that you can't simply pass Brodeur as the "Differance maker" as if Canada and USA are equal if Brodeur wasn't playing. I know you are an avid USA fan, which I am fine with, but I think your opinion is obscured. I think that team Canada is FAR better then USA.

Heres THN's take:

Russia
Sweden
Slovakia
United States
Switzerland

Basically, I think the the United States should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Canada. I think Canada could easily ice two teams that could dismantle the Americans best team.

I agree. If Canada had all their guys healthy we could make 2 really good teams that could compete with any other nation in the world.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
gretzky99 said:

Heres THN's take:

Russia
Sweden
Slovakia
United States
Switzerland

I think you're reading WAY to much into my comments. I know it was just an exhibition, but the U.S. was hardly blown out of the water in this game, actually outshooting Canada 33-32. As for THN's take, I could care less. IMO the U.S. has a chance at a medal, and while I would also say as a team they aren't as good as Canada, the disparity isn't as great as you're making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->