GDT: Canada - Switzerland

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Now that's how to do a penalty kill, we had a couple of looks but nothing really dangerous.

aggressive, organized, TC take note.

Well, 6-3, that's game. congrats Swiss fans, you were clearly the better TEAM today.

Good game Swiss and good luck in the medal round.

Well-timed wake-up call for Team Canada.
This team doesn't have the goaltending to even think about getting away with that kind of play against good teams, it better be the wake up call.

Reactions: Hagstrom and NyQuil

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Every team should be duly warned about them, they are a legit gold contender with this team.
Swiss NT has come a long way, they'd be a legitimate threat best on best with Fiala and Josi. This is a really good Swiss team that beat us.

Reactions: jj cale

member 305909

A very pleasant surprise. Complicates things though. Nobody in the Tampere-group wanted to finish fourth but now it is better to finish top two.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Swiss NT has come a long way, they'd be a legitimate threat best on best with Fiala and Josi. This is a really good Swiss team that beat us.
don't forget Nino.. it's a shame that there haven't been any best on best lately I wonder how they would do but they could certainly give a hard time even to the top nations I think

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yep, Swiss are the gold medal favorites now! :)

Hopefully Canada makes it out of the 1st qualifying stage.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good job by Switzerland. From what I saw in the third Canada has plenty of kinks to work out.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah, no. Team Canada played pretty awful defense and the goaltending was not great to say the least.
We played like dogshit defensively and goaltending was likely going to be a problem to begin with. Thompson is a 3rd tier netminder when we are talking about goaltenders in the world. Still, the Swiss really played well and look real solid, credit to them.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Well deserved from the boys today. Nico Hischier best player on the ice for me. Great present to Andres Ambuhl for is world-record-setting 120th WC game.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
We played like dogshit defensively and goaltending was likely going to be a problem to begin with. Thompson is a 3rd tier netminder when we are talking about goaltenders in the world. Still, the Swiss really played well and look real solid, credit to them.
It's still possible Finland and Canada will meet at the QF ;)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As a Canadian, its hard to like this team with Julian behind the bench. I just absolutely hate his style of play. Its incredibly boring and should be banned in international ice. No one likes cycling hockey and dump/chase on international ice. lol

Julien should coach team Britain.

I really enjoyed the Swiss game. They were fast, creative and opportunistic as well as disciplined.

Reactions: cris10

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
I don't like when we are very good before the elimination games.

Saw the other group standings and the more likely opponent in the quarters are the czechs. That's very bad for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad