Mar 29, 2008
Corey Perry
Sidney Crosby
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Richards
Patrice Bergeron
Brent Seabrook
Shea Weber

The core of Canada's 2005 world junior team, becomes the core of Canada's 2010 Olympic team. That team won Gold, btw. One of the best junior teams we've ever sent to the tournament.

...because of the lockout

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I dont understand how some of you think perry is a questionable pick. He has been one of the best forwards in the league this year, and he also has tough side which will be good when canada plays a team like russia and sweeden.

The only suspect pick is morrow but, he is a great player that could hit score and play great defensivley.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I do like this team. You have speed, grit, and finesse.
2 ballsy picks are Doughty and Bergeron BUT this is a team not an all-star selection.
Green can go play the World Pond Hockey Championships during the olympic break:handclap:

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Corey Perry
Sidney Crosby
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Richards
Patrice Bergeron
Brent Seabrook
Shea Weber

The core of Canada's 2005 world junior team, becomes the core of Canada's 2010 Olympic team. That team won Gold, btw. One of the best junior teams we've ever sent to the tournament.

Love it

Courage*

if you compare D cores it's Canada hands down.

...and if you factor in Canada's D, that will suppress some of Russia's forwards. Now, calibrate Canada's forwards against Russia's D, which is probably fourth best of all of the Nations and I think your point becomes moot.

This team will be able to forecheck, forecheck and forecheck some more. There might be more raw skill amongst the Russian forwards (very arguable), but this group is big, tough and will come at defense hard below the dots. As I said in another post, I wouldn't want to be Sarge and Markov with this bunch coming at me. Ditto Lidstrom and Co.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Grind oriented?

Nash-Crosby-Iginla
Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
E.Staal-Getzlaf-Perry

Yeah okay. No team other than Russia or Sweden can ice a single line better than ONE of those three.

But that is 2 other teams that CAN ice a better 1st line. Maybe 'grind' is the wrong word. I guess it just looks like a team built for the smaller ice surface.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
so if there are any injuries to these guys over the next couple months, how do they pick new players for the team, do they have a list of alternates already?

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
I don't really understand why anyone would be upset at the inclusion of Eric Staal. The guy is a freaking monster who had a rough start to this year but come on, he's a great player.

Lecavalier has a better season and he's also a great player. Kinda surprised to see Staal selected but not Vinny.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
For those of you who are wondering why players like St. Louis isn't on the roster. Bob McKenzie just explained why.

I dont care what that fool says, there isnt one thing that handicaps you by having him on the team. He can literally do everything and play in all situations. On top of that hes a great team guy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At one point, you need to question every aspect of a player's game. And faceoffs abilities are crucial in Bergeron's pick. If you take aside that he's a great 2-way player on top of it.

JeffYear92*

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Richards made the team

Love having Seabrook and Keith over any of the 3 flames d-man

Doughty wasn't a real surprise in my mind,,i've been watching him play since he was 15,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad