Olympics: Canada Roster Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
i can see this team from a DRW pov. playing against kieth-seabrook and toews last year and how well they did as well as how awesome morrow played in that playoffs against detroit the other year before he tore his acl last season.

Ticonderoga

For the Watch
Jul 17, 2007
New Westminster
Really surprised Jbo is not on the team.

I like the forward core but not so much the D.

This is a interesting team, beatable by some of the other big clubs.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
canadamm.jpg

My background.

GREAT WHITE LINE WOO

I wish I had skills like that so I could do a Toews/Keith/Seabrook one

Peacock

Jul 3, 2008
Montreal
You know what, the more I look at the roster the more I like it. My biggest gripe was with the no St-Louis, but I kinda like the structure of this team.

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
love the picks, with guys like Yzerman, Babcock, Ruff and Hitch behind the picks, you know they are the rights choices.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wonder how many people who are saying Bergeron doesn't deserve to make it have actually watched him play and aren't looking only at is stats...

Vic Rattlehead*

Seriously replace Bergeron and Toews with Horton and Weiss.. jesus!

Bergeron and Toews will likely be shutdown forwards and have the fifth and sixth highest faceoff percentage in the NHL.

Can Weiss and Horton play in a shutdown role?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Oops. Totally forgot guys, no discussing hockey on the hockey discussion board.

Remember, the people whose job it is to do these things are never wrong. That is why every team wins the Cup each year.

Hey, that guy's favorite pastime is complaining every time someone has a different opinion than him, I wouldn't worry about it as some people only post on message boards to agree with each other.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I understand this is a team that is built with Russian roster in mind. Which line is the one to play against Ovechkin? I thought Doan did a good job on Ovechkin when they played last time, so without him who would take on that role?

BlackAces*

Agree - I think he is interchangeable with Doan to some extent, and they only put one of them on there.

I like this team. They are very young, but they definitely aren't short on big game experience. There's also a decent amount of chemistry pre-existing (the 2005 WJHC team - Crosby, Getzlaf, Perry, Bergeron, Richards, Seabrook).

Yeah, I like the team. This team will be very fast, and very skilled. I like the fact that some of our young guys will feel comfortable grabbing that leadership role, because it is up for grabs, and they are all capable.

The more I look at the roster, the more I like it. I am really starting to like the Bergeron pick.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I don't really understand why anyone would be upset at the inclusion of Eric Staal. The guy is a freaking monster who had a rough start to this year but come on, he's a great player.

Known versatility as a winger probably also an asset. I don't think he would have been picked as a centre, seeing how the team is put together and knowing the depth at that position, but the fact he can play there if need be (line juggling, injuries, etc) was probably a bonus in his favour.

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
If you compare team Russia forwards versus team Canada, Russia wins hands down. Brodeur will have to stand on his head for us to win gold.

...and if you factor in Canada's D, that will suppress some of Russia's forwards. Now, calibrate Canada's forwards against Russia's D, which is probably fourth best of all of the Nations and I think your point becomes moot.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
why is doan canada? the same reason why smyth is called "captain cannuck"...because his NHL team sucks so much and never makes the playoffs, that's why he's represented canda so many times at the world championsips?

while i do think doan probably should be there, calling him canada is dumb

He has been there for every coach who has ever called on him. That could not be said for any other in the roster. He has always been there and should be premiered for it.

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006
Corey Perry
Sidney Crosby
Ryan Getzlaf
Mike Richards
Patrice Bergeron
Brent Seabrook
Shea Weber

The core of Canada's 2005 world junior team, becomes the core of Canada's 2010 Olympic team. That team won Gold, btw. One of the best junior teams we've ever sent to the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad