Olympics: Canada Roster Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
If you compare team Russia forwards versus team Canada, Russia wins hands down. Brodeur will have to stand on his head for us to win gold.

comparre the canadian defense with russia and we win hands down. Russia should have fun getting pounded physically by the likes of pronger, weber, morrow etc.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Nice to see Staal there; the guy is definitely a beast when his game is on. Him and his entire team have just had a very rough start to the year.

I like this team quite a bit, actually, especially the D. Nice to see Seabrook and Weber there to represent British Columbia. Really pleased as well that they took Toews and Doughty; the big shortcoming of the 06 team was a lack of respect for the youth and what they can bring to the table.

There's no one on that defense that doesn't deserve to be there, IMO. Very solid. And the forwards are strong too. I like this.

NIDAS*

I don't really understand why anyone would be upset at the inclusion of Eric Staal. The guy is a freaking monster who had a rough start to this year but come on, he's a great player.

probably the same people who thought guys like fisher, cammalleri, and jordan staal belonged on the team

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I cannot believe some people are surprised with Perry. Where have you been? He was pretty much a lock. Playing great AND is on a line with Getzlaf. This thread is bringing out all the people who watch hockey a few times a year and claim to be experts.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
i can see this team from a DRW pov. playing against kieth-seabrook and toews last year and how well they did as well as how awesome morrow played in that playoffs against detroit the other year before he tore his acl last season.

Seabrook wasn't very good against Detroit in the playoffs, and Keith certainly didn't look like a Norris-worthy Dman either. This has nothing to do with the playoffs, but with how well Keith and Seabrook have played this season.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
For those of you who are wondering why players like St. Louis isn't on the roster. Bob McKenzie just explained why.

BIG

Mar 8, 2009
Vancouver
Nash - Crosby - Iginla
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley
Staal - Getzlaf - Perry
Morrow - Bergeron - Richards
Toews

Neidermayer - Weber
Boyle - Pronger
Keith - Seabrook
Doughty

Brodeur
Luongo
MAF

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
WIth the calibre players left off the team I am unsure if Fisher was given any heavy consideration.

Bergeron is my favorite player so I'm psyched he made it, but I would have had no problem with MLS over him. But Fisher over Eric Staal? Not even an option, IMO.

BlackAces*

I wonder how many people who are saying Bergeron doesn't deserve to make it have actually watched him play and aren't looking only at is stats...

Agreed. I seriously am glad he made it to the final roster. He can do it all, offence, defence, wing, centre, powerplay, penalty kill, score, make plays...

Great pick.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What's great is that Canada's management can still make terrible decisions (which I don't believe there are that much...) and still end up winning.

I really don't understand thought the absence of Martin St-Louis. It makes no sense to me. That's the only one where I am really shaking my head.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
WTH?? No Myers?

On a serious note: Awesome to see both Doughty and Seabrook in there, I was worried one of them would be left off. Happy to see that Green wasn't forced on, no need for the high risk when you don't really need the high reward. Pretty sure Canada has enough offensive talent (both forward and defense) without needing to take on a defensive liability.

Should be interesting to see how Yzerman plays Doughty, though.

On to forwards, really happy that E. Staal made it. He's been great on the wing and I had a feeling he'd impress. Really surprised to see Bergeron but, can't say I'm unhappy.

Wish they would release the lines :P

The Big Swede*

I wonder if Bergeron will get the nod to start with Crosby and Nash

I would prefer a Nash-Crosby-Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad