Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
Oh my god, Price sucks, Sutter sucks, Gainey sucks! :shakehead

What do you want us to say? :dunno: He's the youngest goalie there, Pogge deserved to be the starter, now it's arguable whether or not Price should of made it ahead of Dubnyk, even Ellis for that matter...but there's no reason to overeact to this...Sutter has designated Pogge as the man to bring back the gold, so i'm on board and i'll cheer on Pogge the whole way...

This doesn't take away from him, so even though it's inevitable with Habs fans, there's no reason to panick :dunno:

That's not what I meant. I even explicitly used the word "interesting".

I didn't say that every Hab fan or the majority of Montreal fans were going to jump off a bridge.

MiLLw00d

Apr 14, 2004
Montreal
Rob said:
Q league fans will obviously be claiming bias with Ellis being cut.

Why a comment like this as always to come up..?? I'm a big Q league fan I expected Ellis to be cut... he had an awful camp and just didnt deserve to have a spot on this team..

Edit: When Brassard will get cut i'm going to call that Bias toward a Q league player

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Rob said:
As a Westerner, I claimed bias last year. Sutter is a western boy, he knows the Western boys and all things considered equal, I am sure he would take a western boy.

In this particular case, I won't claim bias because the player had a poor camp, but there were players last year that had good camps from out east and got cut in favour of Dub players.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
BlueAndWhite said:
That's not what I meant. I even explicitly used the word "interesting".

I didn't say that every Hab fan or the majority of Montreal fans were going to jump off a bridge.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you, my comment was more directed towards the inevitable Habs fans, who will read into this that Price sucks, or that Gainey sucks or that Sutter sucks...

Fact is anyone who gets cut from this team should holds their heads high, these are Canada's most elite U-20 players, there's no shame in being cut from this team, especially if you're an 16, 17 or 18 year old...this is a team with only 1 returning player, i'm thinking Sutter is banking alot on experience in making up this team.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
El_Scoobo said:
How many of these players that are cut are eligible to try out again next year?

Price, Bourdon, Letang, Parent, Russel, Stall, Vlasic

Bertram Brassard Cogliano Downie Latendresse Little O'marra Pyatt Setogushi

Towes can do the next 2 ones and Esposito the next 3.

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
here is a recap of the cuts

Carey Price
Angelo Esposito
Julien Ellis
Michael Funk
Marc Edouard Vlasic
Logan Stephenson
Jeff Schultz
Andy Rogers
Devin Setoguchi
Kris Chucko
Derick Brassard
Bryan Little

spamojones

May 17, 2004
Vancouver
I'm not sure if it was TSN or Sportsnet, but they were commenting on how they didn't expect to see more than one or two college guys on the final roster. Nice to see four of them on the roster.

Well, good luck boys....I'll be taking a look at the US guys when they come to Victoria at the end of next week and see what the competition is like.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Cerebral said:
The final roster is up now on TSN. Congratulations to the guys that made it and good luck in a couple of weeks!

Most certainly. Good luck to them, we'll be cheering them on. Special good luck to Pogge, he's going to be very important in the outcomes of the team, imo.

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rob said:
Not really. Ellis clearly was not fit to play for this team there was no bias in the goaltending department. Anways this looks like a great team, can't wait for the tourney to start! :D

espo*

Gom get em boys,play hard *** and knock everyone around,most of all a certain team being hyped by their fans as "can't lose"................ take them down a peg please.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cyclops said:
Gom get em boys,play hard *** and knock everyone around,most of all a certain team being hyped by their fans as "can't lose"................ take them down a peg please.

Those arrogant Russians........... :p:

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Chipchura as Captain! Awesome from a Habs perspective and with Latendresse on the team its quite a duo of prospects. The drafting of Carey Price looks a little shakier now...they should've gone with Bourdon instead if Brule wasn't their cup of tea (not to mention his apparent fragility)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad