WC: Canada at the 2010 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I agree with this except Schenn should not be on the first pairing IMO and what about ... Ryan

bobby-ryan-olympic-hockey-216-jpg-43e142c9a2869419_large.jpg

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
MacT and other TSN guys were saying they would leave off many of the Olympic guys due to fatigue. I'm sure they'll give Getzlaf and Perry the option to play but I wouldn't be surprised if they opted to sit it out... Although there is the chance for those two to get that triple gold. Regardless, there's a great pool of talent.

How about some Peverley action? Ian White? Vermette to play with Nash? Matt Moulson? J-Bo? Kurtis Foster? Evander Kane? Robidas

Lecavalier should play. Brad Richards could be captain. I would think Weiss and Horton will be go to guys on this team as well (although I'm not sure if they're healthy).

and of course if this is a MacT picked team, you know Horcoff will be on it.

My picks (without Olympic guys, although I think Staal will go)

Nash - Stamkos - Latendresse
Penner - B. Richards - Bourque/Kane
Neal - Wiess - Horton
Peverley - Vermette - Downie
x Tavares

Phanuef - White
Robidas - J-Bo
Staal - Burns
Pietranglo/Del Zotto

S Mason
C Mason
Roloson

or Ward if Healthy.

That team kicks major arse. It reminds me of the American Olympic squad. Feisty, young and talented.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Why would you leave St. Louis off, given his play with Stamkos and overall production?

They said on TSN tonight that he likely wouldn't be asked due to his age and because they don't want it to be a slap in the face after being omitted from the Olympic squad. If he wants to play, then he's obviously there as Canada's captain IMO.

tombradyrulz

Feb 9, 2010
The Hammer

ya i was gonna say...

Getzlaf might want to go, but I doubt he does. Watching the Nucks-Ducks game last night, he tweaked his ankle again when one of the Sedins fell on him awkwardly. He needs to rest that puppy.

How about a nice top line of Lecavalier - St. Louis - Stamkos??

Nicklin3011*

I doubt any olympians will want to play in a throw away tounry after an extra long year

dfk711*

ya i was gonna say...

Getzlaf might want to go, but I doubt he does. Watching the Nucks-Ducks game last night, he tweaked his ankle again when one of the Sedins fell on him awkwardly. He needs to rest that puppy.

How about a nice top line of Lecavalier - St. Louis - Stamkos??

I don't think Getzlaf would play, it seems like he reaggervates that ankle every third game he plays in. He'll probably take the break to get to 100% again.

HNJB*

Pretty sure I have never watched a WC game. The Playoffs are slightly more exciting ;)

This year, after the olympics, the tournament seems like the definition of underwhelming.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Penner - Stamkos - St Louis
Lecavalier - B. Richards - Horton
Landtendresse - Wiess - Tavares
Neal - Vermette - Peverley
Eberle

Phanuef - Robidas
McCabe - Burns
Staal - Allen
Pietreangelo

Mason
Roloson

This is assuming no Olympians come. I think it is a very strong team for the World's considering the lack of Olympians.

Habs 1909

Nov 29, 2008
Montreal/Ottawa
So with it being announced Craig MacTavish will be the coach for Team Canada at the World Championships its time to start predicting the team!

Nash - Stamkos - Latendresse
Penner - Bozak - Boyes
Sutter - Ott - Downie
Brule - Tavares - Gagner
x Eberle/Hall

Phanuef - Schenn
McCabe - Del Zotto
Staal - Burns
x Russel/Pietranglo

S Mason
C Mason/Giguere
Roloson

Bozak..really? He shouldn't even be a top 6 player in the NHL.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
If you're going to put lecavalier in an unnatural position to begin with why not put him on a line with stamkos?

TheCH*

If all the top Canadian player who miss this years playoffs accept the offer to play, this will be a sick team.

TheCH*

They said on TSN tonight that he likely wouldn't be asked due to his age and because they don't want it to be a slap in the face after being omitted from the Olympic squad. If he wants to play, then he's obviously there as Canada's captain IMO.

Thats foolish. St. Louis has answered the call for Team Canada at the worlds in the past, it would be an even bigger slap in the face if they don't at least contact him to get his view on the situation.

General Borschevsky

Jan 10, 2009
Atlantic Canada
If all the top Canadian player who miss this years playoffs accept the offer to play, this will be a sick team.

I'd bet almost anything that a lot of veteran players decline the invitation, and that a number of younger players go as a result. The compressed season is taking a toll on these guys, there'll be a lot of people who need a break.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I'd bet almost anything that a lot of veteran players decline the invitation, and that a number of younger players go as a result. The compressed season is taking a toll on these guys, there'll be a lot of people who need a break.

You're probably right. Not to mention that some of these guys are probably already slated for surgery (knee scopes, minor stuff) once the season winds down. They'll still field a good roster though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad