WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Bummed about Mahura. It doesn't seem like he got much (any?) PP time which is a shame.

Here's hoping Comtois (and Steel) stay on the roster, want some ducks to watch

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Point let in a poor goal today and they kept him over MD, what's the thinking there, that Point is a big goalie I suppose.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Minor surprise. I was hoping they'd go with the 3 of them but I guess they wanted Point as the backup.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe they wanted to ride Hart all the way?
With Point he doesn't actually HAVE to play, DiPietro he does.

Does he have to play as in actually get a game, or just be on the game roster. Because that counts as "playing" as far as the IIHF stats go. The tweet for McKenzie wasn't entirely specific on the matter.

I don't think that would be a dealbreaker though, they can toss the backup in against Denmark(and probably Slovakia too) without any worries. It's not like DiPietro is too awful for that. I guess they just thought Point was better.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Then what is the point of the evaluations? Should have cut DP yesterday.

You’re looking for at the whole body of work, who cares if he let in a bad goal, it’s not as simple as what happens in just one game. They took the better goalie IMO. DiPietro is no slouch but Point is just slightly better right now.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Knew Batherson would make this team, long before he was on anyones radar. *pats self on back*

Can't wait for the tournament to start, nothing beats WJC hockey imo.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I swear Suzuki had one shift the entire game.

He's likely to get cut.

Didn't really get a chance to show what he can do.

I think Canada will regret not bringing him and Glass.

Agree with this

Not happy with the forwards they picked

Reactions: SB84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad