WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
How is it that Canada gets to play Denmark in an unofficial pre-event, camp, game, I mean I know they do this, but how.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I'd cut Mahura, Ferraro, Kaspick, and the last forward one is tough. Not sure I want Gadjovich there, but I can't imagine they'd not cut him yesterday only to cut him today without playing him, so I'll go with Comtois, though I don't really expect that either TBH.

Going to say both Point and DiPietro make it with Point as the 3rd goalie.

Steenbergen - Steel - Kyrou
Dube - Thomas - Raddysh
Katchouk - McLeod - Suzuki
Formenton - Howden - Batherson
Gadjovich

Clague - Fabbro
Mete - Foote
Bean - Timmins
Makar

Hart
DiPietro
Point

Remember if you are going to put 3 goalies there you have to cut another player, as they can only send 22 players, not 23.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Remember if you are going to put 3 goalies there you have to cut another player, as they can only send 22 players, not 23.

That’s false. Rosters are permitted to be 23 men. Hockey Canada just always chooses to take 2 goalies, if they take 3 Point will have to be the 3rd goalie but it doesn’t change the fact they still get to take 20 skaters.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
That’s false. Rosters are permitted to be 23 men. Hockey Canada just always chooses to take 2 goalies, if they take 3 Point will have to be the 3rd goalie but it doesn’t change the fact they still get to take 20 skaters.

Really, then why does everyone say the WJC rosters are 22?

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007

Actually I just checked the rosters from last year and all were 22, so what you said is false.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Right ok, so then Canada has been sending 22 players when they could send 23, bad move.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Actually I just checked the rosters from last year and all were 22, so what you said is false.

No it’s not false. Obviously every team can only dress 22 players, 20 skaters and 2 goalies when they play a game. They are permitted to name 23 players to the roster, 20 skaters and 3 goalies if they choose but only 2 goalies can dress.

Try checking facts before you shoot off about the rules.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
No it’s not false. Obviously every team can only dress 22 players, 20 skaters and 2 goalies when they play a game. They are permitted to name 23 players to the roster, 20 skaters and 3 goalies if they choose but only 2 goalies can dress.

Try checking facts before you shoot off about the rules.

Well can you really blame me when Canada only takes 22 all the time, and they always talk about cutting the roster to 22, why wouldn't someone think that.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lol, what? How old are you? He corrected you, and hardly jumped on your case at all.

I kinda was a jerk a little bit when I referenced how annoying he was to SoundandFury a week or so ago(hence why I deleted it). But he's here arguing against like 3 or 4 people refusing to accept the clear truth, and referencing things that are clearly incorrect, I'm not sure where he's even finding them. After being told and shown he's wrong a couple times already. And it's not the first time, so it caused me to get a bit snappy. People who argue things to the end of the earth when they clearly don't have a clue what they're talking is probably my biggest pet peeve.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I kinda was a jerk a little bit when I referenced how annoying he was to SoundandFury a week or so ago(hence why I deleted it). But he's here arguing against like 3 or 4 people refusing to accept the clear truth, and referencing things that are clearly incorrec, I'm not sure where he's even finding them. After being told and shown he's wrong a couple times already. And it's not the first time, so it caused me to get a bit snappy.

I'm not arguing anything, I'm just telling you what I've heard and know, I'm not one to disagree with facts, so now, I'm not saying anything, cause it's been corrected, got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad