WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Quite happy Steenbergen made the team, as he provides the goal scoring that they need.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
One more remaining?

For some reason I think the last one may be controversial, like cutting Makar.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I won't bitch too much about it because I'm not as knowledgeable about these players as some. But I could stomach cutting Glass or Suzuki. But both frustrates me. I hope it works out for us, but I wish we had more skill. The bottom 6 players aren't bad, but they're clearly going for a certain type of player, I just hope we have enough secondary scoring, because we can't rely on Steel and Kyrou to do it all.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Goalies and defence look good, the best players made it and I like their make up. The forwards however, I’m not sold on at all...

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Man that is a weak group of forwards. I just don't see where they think they are going to get goal scoring from.

I don't think I have ever remembered a tournament where Canada wasn't the best team (usually by far) but this year I would be shocked if they won a medal.

This always was a bit of a down year for Canada but they made it much worse with the selections.

Reactions: Give and Go

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Man that is a weak group of forwards. I just don't see where they think they are going to get goal scoring from.

I don't think I have ever remembered a tournament where Canada wasn't the best team (usually by far) but this year I would be shocked if they won a medal.

This always was a bit of a down year for Canada but they made it much worse with the selections.

I think the goalies and back end will have to pick up the slack this tourny. Would have rather see guys like Suzuki, Glass an Tippett make it

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Much worse according to who?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Goal scoring? Batherson, Steenbergen, Thomas, Kyrou, Steel, McLeod, Dube and Raddysh have all proven they can score goals and put up points in their respective leagues. I personally don't see why people are freaking out.

Reactions: 99664987

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Goal scoring? Batherson, Steenbergen, Thomas, Kyrou, Steel, McLeod, Dube and Raddysh have all proven they can score goals and put up points in their respective leagues. I personally don't see why people are freaking out.

Everyone on Canada will always be able to score in their league but the WJHC require more than that.

I love Dube as a Flames prospect but no way should he be a top 6 guy at a WJHC. In other years those guys would be 3rd/4th liners or struggling to make the roster. This year they are counted on to lead the way and it does not look good for Canada at all.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Always fun to see people irrationally rage over players they more then likely don't even know that well. I don't think there is really any winning anyways. In years past they have gone for draft pedigree and cut players like Batherson and Steenbergen(Say a Connor Brown) and then got flack for it....this year they are rolling with those players and are getting flack for not going with draft pedigree.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Comtois is also a very good goal scorer, and he's really good at getting them in the dirty areas which always helps.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
This team isn't much different from last years, them, the Swedes and the US should battle for gold, not much to choose between them.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wow. Glass, Tippett AND Suzuki?

guess who gets blamed if they don't win?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad