Post-Game Talk: Can you say "anti-climatic?" Jets start strong then stumble to a 4-1 loss to the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I thought Wellwood was one of the better and more creative forwards to be honest.

Against the Broons I`d scratch Thorbs and play Peluso. Let`s see what the kid can do.

Objectively, I'm not against getting making a line-up change, but I'm not sure Thor is the guy to sit. Only problem is he is the 12th forward and idk who else you would sub out. It might be best to wait 2 more games at least and things continue then mix things up. I think you have to give Peluso a chance at some point and will need too as the schedule is so packed together.

definitely would be an downgrade on Hainsey-Bogosian but I think it would be probably the best out of the options:

Stuart-Hainsey
Hainsey-Postma
Hainsey-Redmond
Clitsome-Hainsey

I just don't see Noel trusting that to Redmond though... hrmmm, hmmm, hmmm...

Idk, I just think Redmond might be able to handle himself. He played 4 years in college and a year and a half in the AHL. Idk if the Bruins are the right team to get his feet wet, but I think he gets a shot soon enough.

I hate this attitude. Because the Bruins are big and strong we need to dress a fighter? Don't let the other team dictate how to use your roster. Make them adjust to you.

And personally, I couldn't care less if Peluso never puts on a Jets jersey for a real game. I like Wright though, he could be faster, better hitting version Thorburn that can play C and win faceoffs. That's who I'd go with, he has some toughness as well.

Idk if he meant that for the size, but more for the fact that he has a vendetta against Thor :sarcasm: haha kidding. If so then I guess Jet didn't look at their sizes. lol It might be under the theory that Peluso is more skilled but who knows at this point. How either him or Wright would do at this point is all a guess. We know what Thor can bring, his good and bad games. The other guys are unknown how they'll do for us.

The problem is where to stick Scheifele. Right now he's stuck on the 4th so it's giving us an odd looking 4th line, and while he needs more then 4th line minutes, you can't give him too many minutes if he's not ready for a heavy load. Honestly though, I wouldn't be upset if we swapped Kane for Scheif on the PP if you want to try and make use of some of his playmaking.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Objectively, I'm not against getting making a line-up change, but I'm not sure Thor is the guy to sit. Only problem is he is the 12th forward and idk who else you would sub out. It might be best to wait 2 more games at least and things continue then mix things up. I think you have to give Peluso a chance at some point and will need too as the schedule is so packed together.

Idk, I just think Redmond might be able to handle himself. He played 4 years in college and a year and a half in the AHL. Idk if the Bruins are the right team to get his feet wet, but I think he gets a shot soon enough.

Idk if he meant that for the size, but more for the fact that he has a vendetta against Thor :sarcasm: haha kidding. If so then I guess Jet didn't look at their sizes. lol It might be under the theory that Peluso is more skilled but who knows at this point. How either him or Wright would do at this point is all a guess. We know what Thor can bring, his good and bad games. The other guys are unknown how they'll do for us.

The problem is where to stick Scheifele. Right now he's stuck on the 4th so it's giving us an odd looking 4th line, and while he needs more then 4th line minutes, you can't give him too many minutes if he's not ready for a heavy load. Honestly though, I wouldn't be upset if we swapped Kane for Scheif on the PP if you want to try and make use of some of his playmaking.

Agree w/almost all of this. Thorburn is more player than fighter. He's a physical, high energy guy and if, for instance, we put him on waivers, he would be snapped up at once.

And all Ok if the doubters don't want Thorburn and Peluso etc to play, but then why have we gone the routed of bigger, physical type players and passed up skilled Euros etc. Why did we have Rypien and then Glass? Have we changed in essence since then?

BTW, Neil took liberties Saturday.

Are we going to be the big bad Bruins or the finesse Red Wings?

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg

These two issues may well be related; I don't think the lineup will change until Noel makes a decision on Scheifele, because no matter what happens, he'll have to do some line-juggling. So why do it before you have to? Wright and Peluso will get their shot soon enough, probably after what happens to Scheifele is set. I'd like them to bring Redmond in though; the D could use a shakeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad