Post-Game Talk: Can you say "anti-climatic?" Jets start strong then stumble to a 4-1 loss to the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Was a good game up until the 3rd.

9-12-13 have zero chemistry.

Plus:
Buff and Enstrom looked really good
Burmi was great

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Hey Jets fans. Rough game for your D and Pavelec, but entertaining nonetheless. Good to finally have NHL hockey back! Peace all, see ya next game!

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I thought Shiefele played well. Pretty much everyone else besides Buff crapped the bed though, disappointing home opener. Also unfortunate that the fans booed during that PP, stuff like that doesn't contribute to anything.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not only did our biggest weaknesses rear their ugly heads in a big way in this game, our 'improved' size and offense did nothing to wrest the momentum back in the 3rd.

I thought Byfuglien and Enstrom were great, Hainsey was up and down (terrible on the 2nd goal) and Stuart, Postma and Clitsome were... well... not good.

Pavelec will have to be much, much, much better if we have a hope of the playoffs.

CallADocPlease

Jul 17, 2012
The team looked incredibly passive after the 30 minute mark. I am seriously worried that the whole teams conditioning, not Buffs is the issue.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Very soft effort. No wonder they picked up Peluso and Wright. Need to inject some heart and toughness in soon for this butter soft team

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Good:
Eastern Bloc Line
Enstrom - Byfuglien

OK:
LLW (although some moments...)
Scheifele

Not Noticeable (neither good nor bad):
Wellwood
Hainsey
Slater-Thor

Not good:
Kane - Jokinen
Stuart

Noticeable in a bad way:
Pavelec
Clitsome-Postma

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm just going to say it: I am sick of seeing Dancing Gabe in every b roll of Winnipeg's sporting events. We get it.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah the whole team seemed to really run out of steam after about the half way point. Lots of things for Coach Noel to work on. :)

Oh well, theres still 47 games to go. Lots of time to right the ship...

:cry:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm just going to say it: I am sick of seeing Dancing Gabe in every b roll of Winnipeg's sporting events. We get it.

You to! Every frickin Jets, Blue Bomber game we see his goofy grin, I get he is a passionate fan and that he has challenges but give it a rest already.

Lux Aurumque*

The Good:

- Jokinen comes exactly as advertised. His puck poise and speed are fantastic, although I really don’t think Kane belongs on this line.

- Enstrom and Byfuglien are picking up where they left off. Two very strong defensemen, and one of the best pairings in the league.

- The Ponikarovsky-Burmistrov-Antropov line was incredible. By far the best line on the team. Hustle, defensive skill and agitation all in one.

- The team played an excellent first ten minutes.

The Bad:

- Noel broke up the PBA line in the third. Found that very questionable as they were the only line creating any chances.

- Pavelec allowed two very soft goals. In fact, none of the goals against were particularly good.

- Hainsey and Stuart were bad. Not the worst pairing, but they were bad.

- Blake Wheeler wasn’t himself. He played with a fire last year that I didn’t see at all tonight.

The Ugly:

- Scheifele’s skating is terrible. He needs to be returned to juniors to work on that. He may need to spend next year in St. John’s. There’s no point in rushing him. This team is not a serious contender.

- The Postma-Clitsome pairing was particularly brutal. This goes to show how weak our defensive depth is. Really should have kept Kulda around.

Overall:

After losing the opener, we could be very much in trouble if Bogosian isn’t back soon. Our glaring weakness is on defense. Past Enstrom and Byfuglien, I don’t feel comfortable with anyone else on the ice. Ladd, Wheeler and Kane MUST play better, or we will stand no chance at making the playoffs. As for goaltending…I won’t comment beyond saying that Montoya needs to be ready for a lot of playing time.

With all that said, I’m happy to have hockey back, and I’m glad to be able to complain about the team’s play, rather than about business meetings and greedy rich people.

GO JETS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad