Olympics: Can you really be mad at whoever wins the Olympics?

espo*

Will be devastated if Canada doesn't win but if we can't then any team but those goddamned Russians will help to take some sting out of it.

At all costs those arrogant and cocky based on very little ******** have to go down.

You just listen to them on these boards and think of all their scamming ******** and whining and crying over the years and if you are not a geek you can't help but hate their guts.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I wonder how long until the Russians start complaining about them getting all the calls against them and saying they won't play in any more games, like they did in 2002.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Worst possible scenario would be if Finland won. Though I agree on Russian beeing arrogant. I wouldnt want them to win either. Hmm, It would be OK if the Swiss won. (if not Sweden)

espo*

They've already started that around here, in fact they've been setting it up for about a year and a half now in case they don't win.

Right on their board now they've got a thread about concern over "biased" officiating, take a look at it if you want.

now what other fan base does that around here?

Not hard to tell the games are a month away eh?

becuase they know damn well that as good as they say they are there is a very reasonable chance they will be going home without the Gold. And they know if they don't win it will really because they were'nt good enough to win.

But they could never admit that of course, it just kills them to do so at this level.

And that's always how they cover their ass.

Is it any wonder REAL fans not geek fans can't stand these guys and pray for their failure?

it always amazes me at some fans love affair with their hockey around here, the Golden boys!!

But like I said, thats where the geeks come in.

But any real fan just laughs at them and cant possibly take them seriously.

I wonder how long until the Russians start complaining about them getting all the calls against them and saying they won't play in any more games, like they did in 2002.

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
They've already started that around here, in fact they've been setting it up for about a year and a half now in case they don't win.

Right on their board now they've got a thread about concern over "biased" officiating, take a look at it if you want.

now what other fan base does that around here?

Not hard to tell the games are a month away eh?

becuase they know damn well that as good as they say they are there is a very reasonable chance they will be going home without the Gold. And they know if they don't win it will really because they were'nt good enough to win.

But they could never admit that of course, it just kills them to do so at this level.

And that's always how they cover their ass.

Is it any wonder REAL fans not geek fans can't stand these guys and pray for their failure?

it always amazes me at some fans love affair with their hockey around here, the Golden boys!!

But like I said, thats where the geeks come in.

But any real fan just laughs at them and cant possibly take them seriously.

What's with you and geeks, seriously get help.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
are cali, florida, texas, and arizona included?

why florida?

i'll be fine with anyone winning, obviously i want the US to win and i'd rather canada and russia don't but i'll be happy with anyone winning.

actually i'd probably be just as happy with russia winning, i just don't want canada to win.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I root for Canada, obviously, but as long as Russia doesn't win, I won't be pissed. Even then, I'll be happy for Geno and Sarge, but I don't wanna see that ugly mother****er named Ovechkin with a gold medal around his neck. I wanna see him in tears while Crosby and co skate around with Canadian flags and gold medals around their neck.

Well I hope you enjoy Malkin crying too then.Since he cried both times Russia lost at juniors, there's precedent.

world_jnr_malkin_jan5_05_Lyle_Stafford.jpg

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I just want to be able to read Hf if the Americans somehow beat Canada in a gold medal game in Canada. :laugh:

Not very likely, but the sky would be falling, and the tears would be flowing

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I just want to be able to read Hf if the Americans somehow beat Canada in a gold medal game in Canada. :laugh:

Not very likely, but the sky would be falling, and the tears would be flowing

that just happened at the WJCs and i'd say 90% of the canadian posters on the thread were very good sports about it.

I prefer Canada doesn't win but I can't say I was mad when they beat the U.S. in Salt Lake. I always go with Finland as my backup team. After that I just want to see good hockey.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
No matter what the hockey being played there should be great.

With 4 Sharks on team Canada it would still make me happy to see all of them get a gold medal, but I'm definitely rooting for America

emedshot

Nov 13, 2006
This is so funny, almost everyone wants Russia to fail. I hope all this hate will turn on the light in their eyes. :handclap:

NJDEVILS17*

I want America to win but I won't be upset if they lose since they clearly aren't a favorite.

Wouldn't be upset if Canada won since Brodeur would be backstopping them if they win gold again.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Canada obviously comes first for me. After that is Finland, because of Saku Koivu and Russia because of Andrei Markov. I'd be pissed if the Swedes or Americans win and I'd be indifferent if the Czechs or Slovaks won.

If any other team won, I'd just be shocked and amazed and it would be awesome.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Who can get mad? seriously it like an all star game with actual effort
I might even cheer the sedin sisters a bit ;)

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
We've got so much diversity in the game today, many of us are fans of players from several nationalites. Except, perhaps the Americans, who everyone hates;)

Hey now, I rooted for you guys in the WJC final.

I don't hate any team. If Sweden is out, I will probably root for Finland, even though they hate our guts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad