Speculation: Can the Isles afford to trade for a goalie? Can they afford not to?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Wrong

He was interviewed last month and stated he wants to stay and develop and come to the NHL st 25.

I follow Sorokin very closely.

I guess you were in the room st the time he spoke to Garth.

You obviously don’t pay attention and should look in the mirror.

Here’s the link wiseguy. Sorokin’s own words.

Сорокин о том, почему он не уехал из ЦСКА в «Айлендерс»: «Много факторов. Финансы в том числе»

Just to clarify, because you are posting a whole lot of BS.

What that interview actually says is that Sorokin considered his decision very carefully. He was comfortable signing a 3 year KHL deal because he will only be 25 when it expires and 25 is not an old age for a goalie, right around prime. He goes on to say that many things factored into his decision one of which was financial.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just to clarify, because you are posting a whole lot of BS.

What that interview actually says is that Sorokin considered his decision very carefully. He was comfortable signing a 3 year KHL deal because he will only be 25 when it expires and 25 is not an old age for a goalie, right around prime. He goes on to say that many things factored into his decision one of which was financial.

That’s basically what I said. What that I posted is “ whole lot of BS” ??

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
That’s basically what I said. What that I posted is “ whole lot of BS” ??

You are ripping into posters who say that Sorokin chose to stay in KHL for money. That's something that he actually says in the very interview that you posted.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You are ripping into posters who say that Sorokin chose to stay in KHL for money. That's something that he actually says in the very interview that you posted.

You’re 100% wrong. He ripped into me like what I was saying was 100% false and said that “ islanders fans think they know everything”

The argument was never about money. Sorokin Stayed in the KHL partly for money which is fine. Most people would.

The poster said that the isles weren’t willing to offer Sorokin the money. I simply reminded him that money isn’t a factor because the isles can only sign him to a ELC.

Try reading before jumping in.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
howard isnt much---if any---better than what the islanders have now.

Howard is landslide better than Halak or Greiss or whoever else. You clearly don't watch Howard, just go by stats from last couple of years. Howard's only issue is he can't stay healthy all year. When healthy he is capable of stealing games, something neither of the Islanders goalies do very often.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You’re 100% wrong. He ripped into me like what I was saying was 100% false and said that “ islanders fans think they know everything”

The argument was never about money. Sorokin Stayed in the KHL partly for money which is fine. Most people would.

The poster said that folder I simply reminded him that money isn’t a factor because the isles can only sign him to a ELC.

Try reading before jumping in.
now your blatantly lying

show me where i said and i quote your words

"the isles weren’t willing to offer Sorokin the money"

i never said that and you know it and thats a baldfaced lie

here is exactly what i said:

wrong, he wants an nhl job, he said directly to garth he wont go to the AHL before he re-signed in russia

its that simple

as the phase goes: "its all about the benjamins"

some Isles fans just dont pay attention

and guess what you just proved what I said was correct. you interpreted what i said to mean something totally different than what he actually did. Sorokin saw that he could make more money in the KHL

where in my post did i say anything about the isles willingness to do anything? I merely said Sorokin told Garth his decision was influenced by money

the problem was entirely of your own making because as i said you didnt pay attention....you even misinterpreted Sorokins own words

as Garth said to joe and evan (his words) "he wants no part of the AHL"

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
now your blatantly lying

show me where i said and i quote your words

"the isles weren’t willing to offer Sorokin the money"

i never said that and you know it and thats a baldfaced lie

here is exactly what i said:

and guess what you just proved what I said was correct. you interpreted what i said to mean something totally different than what he actually did. Sorokin saw that he could make more money in the KHL

where in my post did i say anything about the isles willingness to do anything? I merely said Sorokin told Garth his decision was influenced by money

the problem was entirely of your own making because as i said you didnt pay attention....you even misinterpreted Sorokins own words

as Garth said to joe and evan (his words) "he wants no part of the AHL"

What does all about the benjimans mean? It means money. You even said yourself that he would want a 1 way deal because he wouldn’t want to make 75k in the NHL. Even though you’re 100% wrong and all ELCs are 2 way deals. Your whole premis was about money. You didn’t say that verbatim but you were implying it. Why else say “ it’s all about the benjimans”?How the hell am I lying? That was your whole argument. You’re out of your mind. Last response from me because I can’t to people with no common sense.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
What does all about the benjimans mean? It means money. You even said yourself that he would want a 1 way deal because he wouldn’t want to make 75k in the NHL. Even though you’re 100% wrong and all ELCs are 2 way deals. Your whole premis was about money. You didn’t say that verbatim but you were implying it. Why else say “ it’s all about the benjimans”?How the hell am I lying? That was your whole argument. You’re out of your mind. Last response from me because I can’t to people with no common sense.

He's trying to reframe his argument to indicate he meant he stayed in the KHL cause its all about the money, which was not the intention of his first post.

Reactions: SI90

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
I feel like I’m going crazy lol

He did say he wouldnt want to give up the 1M in he KHL but would only want to sign a 1 way contract that would pay up to 3M in bonuses or whatever. So I can see it both ways, but it definitely sounded more like hes not leaving the KHL for anything but a big contract in the NHL, then you got reminded him of the CBA stuff. Either way he came at you like he does, he did the same thing about Trouba/Burmistrov.

Reactions: SI90

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
yes i implied correctly that he knew he would get more money staying where he was, which in fact is the truth

i never said the isles werent willing to sign him which is what you said ....you blatantly lied

saying it was all about the benjamins is all about what he felt was important , which was getting the most money he could for himself read my post again I saidhe told garth he wanted no part of the ahl, which garth said, he was told by Sorokin himself.

why would he tell garth that if it wasnt all about the benjamins to sorokin

as traparatus said:

show me where i said that the isles refused tp pay him like you said i did

i didnt say it so you are blatantly lying and sorokins own words say it was about money
he just knew he could get more money in russia so he took it

why even mention the AHL otherwise

Last edited:

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
yes i implied correctly that he knew he would get more money staying where he was, which in fact is the truth

i never said the isles werent willing to sign him which is what you said ....you blatantly lied

saying it was all about the benjamins is all about what he felt was important , which was getting the most money he could for himself read my post again I saidhe told garth he wanted no part of the ahl, which garth said, he was told by Sorokin himself.

why would he tell garth that if it wasnt all about the benjamins to sorokin

as traparatus said:

show me where i said that the isles refused tp pay him like you said i did

i didnt say it so you are blatantly lying and sorokins own words say it was about money
he just knew he could get more money in russia so he took it

why even mention the AHL otherwise

You are so intent on being right that you are quoting posters that are arguing for your side...the trap quote you posted was quoting SI's post you are the epitome or r/iamverysmart

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You are so intent on being right that you are quoting posters that are arguing for your side...the trap quote you posted was quoting SI's post you are the epitome or r/iamverysmart
I said he was right don't you ever read?

If you thought I disagreed with him that's on you. Can't help it if jets fans can't read

I quoted temperatus because he translated sorokins comments from russian. You and SI90 Were just wrong

As Garth Snow said Sorokin said to him he wanted no part of the AHL. The inference was if he was sent down he would be paid 75K. The salary in Russia is 1.2M. SI90 just made his own interpretation that I was saying the isles weren't willing to pay him which was incorrect. As Traparatus and others pointed out the CBA doesn't allow them to do that.

Sorokin just made the decision that paid him the most. Which I must add is perfectly logical. The kid is from Russia. So why would he take a possible pay cut to come over? If he was an American or Canadian and he decided to stay home and get paid more in the process, nobody would think twice. Garth Snow understands that. He said in the interview that he was still very much in the Islanders plans. So obviously he must be in touch with the kid. This only is an issue with islander fans who selfishly think Sorokin owed them something. He doesnt. The only thing he owes anyone is to himself.

SI90 made his own interpretation which was incorrect. He wasn't aware of Garth Snow interview. And he assumed things which weren't true. Especially when Sorokins own quote says money was a factor. Not that the isles wouldn't pay him as he assumed, but that as Traparatus said the CBA didn't allow them to.

Last edited:

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
I said he was right don't you ever read?

If you thought I disagreed with him that's on you. Can't help it if jets fans can't read

I quoted temperatus because he translated sorokins comments from russian. You and SI90 Were just wrong

As Garth Snow said Sorokin said to him he wanted no part of the AHL. The inference was if he was sent down he would be paid 75K. The salary in Russia is 1.2M. SI90 just made his own interpretation that I was saying the isles weren't willing to pay him which was incorrect. As Traparatus and others pointed out the CBA doesn't allow them to do that.

Sorokin just made the decision that paid him the most. Which I must add is perfectly logical. The kid is from Russia. So why would he take a possible pay cut to come over? If he was an American or Canadian and he decided to stay home and get paid more in the process, nobody would think twice. Garth Snow understands that. He said in the interview that he was still very much in the Islanders plans. So obviously he must be in touch with the kid. This only is an issue with islander fans who selfishly think Sorokin owed them something. He doesnt. The only thing he owes anyone is to himself

You are correct actually I did miss read that, got caught up in the 2 bolded parts going together. (not Jets fan either guess again you are 0/4 so far). I stand by my comment of you being the epitome of r/iamverysmart though

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You are correct actually I did miss read that, got caught up in the 2 bolded parts going together. (not Jets fan either guess again you are 0/4 so far). I stand by my comment of you being the epitome of r/iamverysmart though
I'm no smarter than anyone else. I just do research and quote sources. What's bad about that? You're just making assumptions based on how you think. You don't know me from adam, so how can you have any idea how I think.? The fact that you say that gives more insight into your own thought process than it does mine.

heck you just admitted you misread my post and you made wrong assumptions based on what you "thought" I said. How am I responsible for what you think?

Last edited:

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
I'm no smarter than anyone else. I just do research and quote sources. What's bad about that? You're just making assumptions based on how you think. You don't know me from adam, so how can you have any idea how I think.? The fact that you say that gives more insight into your own thought process than it does mine.

my assumption are based on how you post. good day

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
how about Hutchinson? he is crushing the AHL and played behind a really bad team last year. could get him for not too much I bet.. a pick or two.
If the Isles don't pick him up, the Blackhawks might be going after him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad