GDT: CAN - SUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
HAHA when Roman Josi scored 1-0 i was still really sure Sweden would beat Swiss easy that game... because of the skill level between the teams were so hugh:lol: 1-5 doesnt lie! after the Canada game 2013 i was pretty sure it would be gold!

Feel free to show me when Switzerland have ever beated Sweden in a best on best game? i can tell you it have never happend:sarcasm:

Yeah, I am suddenly thinking that you were too young to see that game. I don‘t know why.

Anyways… one of those 9 victories in the 9-0 path to the 2013 finals was Switzerland beating Sweden, 3-2 in Stockholm (I guess that‘s why you guys got the Sedins for the finals). Seems that indeed you didn‘t watch that tournament.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Yeah, I am suddenly thinking that you were too young to see that game. I don‘t know why.

Anyways… one of those 9 victories in the 9-0 path to the 2013 finals was Switzerland beating Sweden, 3-2 in Stockholm (I guess that‘s why you guys got the Sedins for the finals). Seems that indeed you didn‘t watch that tournament.

You beated a Team Sweden that was super bad! and far from best on best! and got 2 of allllllllll our NHL! players back haha imagein winning barly 3-2 to a Bad Swedish team got destroyed by the pretty much same team execept for 2 extra players!

Haha you are a fool i you really think Swiss is a big six nation in hockey but each to its own i guess!

and you didnt tell me when you have beated us in a best on best tournament!

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
WJC:help::huh: since when have the countries iced their best on best in WJC? dont even think its possible:laugh:
It's the best on best of that age-category. It's the only thing in ice-hockey where there is best-on-best since Sotchi 2014.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I am never going to answer any of your questions, because that is what you want me to do. I thought that was clear?

What's clear is that one of us is acting like a toddler.

Here I am actually complimenting your roster this year and you won't have any of it.

Why, because it cheapens the victory to be the better team?

I'd think you'd be elated.

Sure, the Swiss have beaten Canada before but usually the goalie had a a pretty big hand in it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Canadians don’t like excuses, until they lose and then they can’t stop talking about how way better other rosters are.

If they win it’s all intangibles.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canadians don’t like excuses, until they lose and then they can’t stop talking about how way better other rosters are.

If they win it’s all intangibles.

Usually when we lose we still have the better roster.

If we win it's usually because we have the better roster.

As I said in the GDT thread, this might be the first CAN-SUI match-up ever that I can remember where I thought the Swiss were the better team and roster.

Reactions: Guttersniped

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall

Here I am actually complimenting your roster this year and you won't have any of it.

Sure, the Swiss have beaten Canada before but usually the goalie had a a pretty big hand in it.

Yeah Swiss probably have the best team in the tournament this year! saw that only Nico Hischier and Kevin Fiala was more expensive than the whole Swedish team combinded!

So they sure have a good shoot at winning it this year!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah Swiss probably have the best team in the tournament this year! saw that only Nico Hischier and Kevin Fiala was more expensive than the whole Swedish team combinded!

So they sure have a good shoot at winning it this year!

Don't talk about how good the Swiss players are.

They take it badly.

Reactions: aphyro

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why does canada play these bad players ?
Because we're 3 years removed from a potential NHL player Olympics, so making a good impression at the international level is less imperative right now for players that will end up on the bubble for an olympic invite, and the tournament is in Tampere, Finland (which was a backup, the original location was going to be Saint Petersburg prior to the invasion), so players don't particularly want to go visit that part of the world when they could be enjoying their time off.

Reactions: Sabresbyswords104

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

In a strange way for fans of the usual not quite top tier teams it actually does, somehow winning when you are clearly expected to is not quite as satisfying as being able to shout in peoples face to everyone and all who can hear..." haha, we beat all your big stars big shot team, suck it baby!!"

When you have a better team that all goes away, you've just done what you rightly should do.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Don't talk about how good the Swiss players are.

They take it badly.
When you're so used to being the underdog, some fans take it poorly when you imply they are no longer the scrappy, against all odds underdog and actually have a team that should have (*gasp*) expectations.

Edit: looks like jjcale made the exact same point as I did in a sufficient way as I was replying lol

Reactions: jj cale and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In a strange way for fans of the usual not quite top tier teams it actually does, somehow winning when you are clearly expected to is not quite as satisfying as being able to shout in peoples face to everyone and all who can hear..." haha, we beat all your big stars big shot team, suck it baby!!"

When you have a better team that all goes away, you've just done what you rightly should do.

It's a bit of insight into the life of a Canadian hockey fan.

Reactions: jj cale

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Wait, you mean that the way you have been posting is your SERIOUS way of actually speaking to people?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Gold medal preview? Both teams look on another level in their pool!

Swiss look very confident and with swagger. I think it'd take a Finn-like SISU effort to shut them down.

Reactions: jj cale and Dala

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Gold medal preview? Both teams look on another level in their pool!

Well, the pool is a bit weaker than the other one.

I would still be a bit surprised if Canada medals.

A lot will rely on Montembeault IMO.

When I started watching the WCs (living in West Germany in the 1980s), when Canada did do well it was typically on the back of an amazing goaltending performance by a guy like Sean Burke.

It's kind of nostalgic a bit, as opposed to the last couple of decades where you'd usually get at least a line or two of real NHL stars.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
HAHA when Roman Josi scored 1-0 i was still really sure Sweden would beat Swiss easy that game... because of the skill level between the teams were so hugh:lol: 1-5 doesnt lie! after the Canada game 2013 i was pretty sure it would be gold!

Feel free to show me when Switzerland have ever beated Sweden in a best on best game? i can tell you it have never happend:sarcasm:
switzerland never beated any team

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, the pool is a bit weaker than the other one.

I would still be a bit surprised if Canada medals.

A lot will rely on Montembeault IMO.

When I started watching the WCs (living in West Germany in the 1980s), when Canada did do well it was typically on the back of an amazing goaltending performance by a guy like Sean Burke.

It's kind of nostalgic a bit, as opposed to the last couple of decades where you'd usually get at least a line or two of real NHL stars.
I see it as very even between Finn's, Swedens, Canada and Swiss.

I also don't see a team doing a 2015 Prague here and rolling over everyone. Quarters will be amazing! I expect 4 very close games.

It is crazy growing on up on world jrs and Skodas and just being used to a Canuck goalie standing on his head and seeing it today when Canada doesn't have those kind of goalie performances anymore. New thing seems to be a stacked forward and D group with a perfectly acceptable goalie. Kind of like the Av's cup run.

Reactions: jj cale

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It is crazy growing on up on world jrs and Skodas and just being used to a Canuck goalie standing on his head and seeing it today when Canada doesn't have those kind of goalie performances anymore. New thing seems to be a stacked forward and D group with a perfectly acceptable goalie. Kind of like the Av's cup run.

Yeah, our goaltending situation for Canada is the worst it has been in my lifetime, which is not an inconsiderable amount of time.

It's either a massive coincidence, or like Mike Johnson said, shooters and sticks are better than ever and goalies can't wear big pads anymore.

But even if goalies as a whole are not putting up the same kind of statistics, among the top nations, Canada's depth at the position is near the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad