GDT: CAN - SUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Really looking forwared to that.

Genoni to start for Switzerland, don't think there are other changes in comparison to Thursdays game.

In the last 10 years Switzerland and Canada played 6 times at WC, 4 times Switzerland won.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This is a nothing fancy Canadian team with basically zero star power, they will have to work very hard and grind out wins. It's not life or death to win today but they need a good showing and continue to build for the money games. You try to get the P.K and P.P working well and keep turnovers down and see where you are. if you get the win today to go along with it it's a bonus.

Reactions: NyQuil

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
PXL_20230520_124116318.PANO.jpg

I guess the seats are already nice 👍

That being said: go Canada go.

Reactions: cg98

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I mean the stars…
Lots of things. Long NHL season so players don’t want to play, no best v best international competition since 2016 so the better players don’t need to play to audition, post-COVID life and travel withdrawal, tournament host cities maybe, war and instability in the region.

I still enjoy it every year though, the players that do still go for us seem to really care and try hard to win it every year.

Reactions: Great99

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
They've had stars play before plenty of times, just not this year aside from Weegar who is sort of a star.
I think all Canadians have pride of represent the Country, but there is a ton of reasons why players decline. Family- injuries-no contract- clubs say no- insurance price etc

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
And a lot of help from the referees for Canada. You have to call at least one.
We don't need this. it really gets the gdts going in the wrong direction, You won't win or lose due to reffing conspiracies.

The Swiss have every advantage going into this game: preparation time, star power, home crowd.

No excuses.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Another powerful rush by Fantilli, need to keep that up...................they can't contain his size and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad