GDT: CAN - SUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, stomp on the leg of the other team‘s captain = oopsie.

We have a checklist in the locker room of all the guys we have to stomp before the end of the tournament.

That's one down!

BruinLVGA said:
Anyway, we beat you. Good enough for me.

It got a little exciting at the end for you guys but it was the proper result.

Nico breathes a bit of a sigh of relief after missing that showboat move on a clear breakaway when it was 3-1.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I switched to this game during 3rd period after watching Finland struggle against Austria, pretty sweet result for the Swiss.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Switzerland reminds me like Finland in 90s. Strong in RR, but in K.O a dramaqueen?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
They've never had a better shot at getting to the Finals.

We'll see how they handle it.
At this point they are the clear best team, good forecheck, strong defensive play, scorers who are expected to score and do!!

But as you said.......................the big games tell the whole story. They have never been better positioned considering the strength of the rosters of the competition.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
let's hope so, because if we can play you guys again..................................pretty clear
you're far from unbeatable.
No one is unbeatable. But if you think that we will be easy prey… you might have a surprise coming.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wrong. In 2013 Switzerland went 9-0, all the way to the finals.

Sure, but Canada (among others) had a much better team, with the likes of Giroux, Stamkos, Duchene, Hall, Staals, etc.

Going into the tournament I'll wager you were more surprised with that team doing it than this one.

BruinLVGA said:
Have the better roster? Your team is probably 98% NHL players.

You would rather have the team Canada is icing in this tournament than Switzerland's?

Wow.

Why does canada play these bad players ?

They can only play who wants to go.

Hopefully SUI winns it all

It would be good for the sport.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Ambühl's goal means he's now also all-time leading scorer for Switzerland, passing Joerg Eberle who had a much easier job because Switzerland not always played at the hightest tier back then.

Reactions: jj cale

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Wrong. In 2013 Switzerland went 9-0, all the way to the finals.
And in the Finals you were Easy pray! when Sweden just had added 2 players to the roaster!

Switzerland aint a bad hockey nation but it aint a toplevel nation either, you guys are not in the big six leagu just yet.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sure, but Canada (among others) had a much better team, with the likes of Giroux, Stamkos, Duchene, Hall, Staals, etc.

Going into the tournament I'll wager you were more surprised with that team doing it than this one.

You would rather have the team Canada is icing in this tournament than Switzerland‘s?

I am surprised every time Switzerland gets in the finals at the Worlds.

Are you inferring that the Swiss NLA is better than the NHL? That‘s quite bold of you.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
And in the Finals you were Easy pray! when Sweden just had added 2 players to the roaster!

Switzerland aint a bad hockey nation but it aint a toplevel nation either, you guys are not in the big six leagu just yet.
You had to drag the Sedin twins back home (that‘s the „2 players“ you mention): that‘s how much you were scared. And I guarantee you that when Roman Josi scored the 1-0, you weren‘t so sure of yourself, were you.

I am pretty happy where we are. You seem very sure that Sweden could never be beaten by Switzerland eh? Good for you.

Reactions: SwissFan12

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Are you inferring that the Swiss NLA is better than the NHL? That‘s quite bold of you.

You didn't answer my question.

But yes, I would take Hischier, Siegenthaler, Fiala, Niederreiter and the NLA guys over this iteration of Team Canada.

You wouldn't? I'm surprised.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You had to drag the Sedin twins back home (that‘s the „2 players“ you mention): that‘s how much you were scared. And I guarantee you that when Roman Josi scored the 1-0, you weren‘t so sure of yourself, were you.

I am pretty happy where we are. You seem very sure that Sweden could never be beaten by Switzerland eh? Good for you.

HAHA when Roman Josi scored 1-0 i was still really sure Sweden would beat Swiss easy that game... because of the skill level between the teams were so hugh:lol: 1-5 doesnt lie! after the Canada game 2013 i was pretty sure it would be gold!

Feel free to show me when Switzerland have ever beated Sweden in a best on best game? i can tell you it have never happend:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad