Speculation: Can Montreal land a mega-star in the next 10 years or so?

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I wouldn't go that far. Compare Galchenyuk and Seguin. The latter was putting up damn good numbers and practically forced Boston to either put him at center or make a trade. Galchenyuk isn't there yet (and may never be), even if he would benefit from not having DD in his way.

That's a pretty reasonnable assessment. The only thing I would add to play the devils' advocate is that Boston had a better all around lineup.

Lionel Mandrake

aren't we in the "tetra" era, now?

Well I was trying to keep it on the realistic side. Dream about the tetra-star all you want, but we can't really afford more than a giga-star in the cap era. :D

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If we are going to land a mega star it's going to be via draft if anything.

Subban, Price, Pacioretty while they aren't mega stars, they are just a notch below and if Subban wins another norris and price a vezina then talk me back about it

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
You want a mega star?
Draft Xavier Parent.
All of 13 years young at the moment, but they say he's. . .
La prochaine Mario Lemieux at least in terms of skills according to a lot of people that have seen him play and dominate.

4:41-6:31 clips of him playing.

2019 Draft Phenom (Even comparison to Crosby has been made). They should try to squeeze as many first round picks for that year as possible from teams. Very early, but this kid would be a God, even beyond that if he ever actually pans out and then actually plays here lol. I can't even imagine his celebrity status lol. Remember the name though, you'll be hearing about him non stop in a couple of years, ala Connor McDavid right now.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If we are going to land a mega star it's going to be via draft if anything.

Subban, Price, Pacioretty while they aren't mega stars, they are just a notch below and if Subban wins another norris and price a vezina then talk me back about it

We will never land a "mega star"
the term land should only be used when describing either a free agent signing or a transaction.
I wouldn't use that term when it comes to the draft because the star quality stiil has to be developed at the NHL level. The term Mega or Super gets thrown around rather loosely in this day and age. For me there are a handful of true super stars at best. To give you an idea of how I judge super stardom
players like Sakic and Yzerman were only stars up to the time they led their respective teams to the SC at which point they became super stars. So based on this OV is "just a star" :laugh: for example.
So no landing a bonafide will be real tough to come by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad