Post-Game Talk: Can-do-no-wrong Bolts win in Shootout!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
2 strong games in Florida, that's a start, no more start for Allen please, we need to know if Primeau can do the job next season

Agreed. Management has a lot of work to do this summer. I'm hoping this game is one Gallagher can build off as he had some moments where he looked like himself. Anderson theyll have to be honest with themselves. I love the size, but the potential he falls off hard at the end of his contract should be considered. If the rumors are true and teams want him, I think it might be the right time. Allen needs to go. After that, do you go another season with Dvorak and Armia ? I hope not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lshap and Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Suzuki had a tough game but can’t rag on him. He’s been carrying this team all season.

I don’t know when we are going to start seeing any improvement. There is nothing coming up in the forward position. Habs need to focus on 3-4 lines. There is zero contribution coming from there. That’s assuming Dach can play regularly. If not focus on the second line too.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Suzuki had a tough game but can’t rag on him. He’s been carrying this team all season.

I don’t know when we are going to start seeing any improvement. There is nothing coming up in the forward position. Habs need to focus on 3-4 lines. There is zero contribution coming from there. That’s assuming Dach can play regularly. If not focus on the second line too.
There are several good forwards in the minors that should be able to be at least 3rd or 4th liners.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Agreed. Management has a lot of work to do this summer. I'm hoping this game is one Gallagher can build off as he had some moments where he looked like himself. Anderson theyll have to be honest with themselves. I love the size, but the potential he falls off hard at the end of his contract should be considered. If the rumors are true and teams want him, I think it might be the right time. Allen needs to go. After that, do you go another season with Dvorak and Armia ? I hope not.
Yoel is fine. I want him to stay.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Gotta give MSL credit. He's found some good combos with what he's got to work with:

Guhle good for Matheson, Savard for Xhekaj, Harris for Kovacevic.

Good first line. Best secondary scoring line under the circumstances (our 3 next best offensive players). Solid 3rd line, under the circumstances. 4th line has a lot of shifts in the offensive zone that are close to drawing penalties.
Gotta give Napoleon credit, he played Wellington well until Blücher showed up.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
sorry lads, was flipping between Canada - Costa rica, CF Mtl and Habs. my unsolicited thoughts.

big boy hockey. TB knows how to win, plays extremely dirty, has a large defence that is also dirty and runs loads of interference and most of the habs stood up.

-we see the importance of Arber, holy shit, the liberties TB was taking. He played great, physical, solid first pass...he's coming along.
-Thought Guhle also had a good game - the D in general was relatively solid.
-1st line was invisible. They played against an elite checking line and were contained. Up until CC's goal (Anderson's goal?), which was because of Anderson at the net, CC was invisible; playing the periphery and doing very little. I love him but he worries me because of how small he is and ineffective vs large physical defences.
-We see the importance of having big forwards in a game like this. We see when Anderson decides to wake up. slaf also played well. Armia too.
-Whats the point of Ylonen if he can't even score in the SO? no goals in 39 games. They needed Pezz tonight. Stupid not to dress him. maybe they're shopping jesse.

sweet dreams suckers!

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
sorry lads, was flipping between Canada - Costa rica, CF Mtl and Habs. my unsolicited thoughts.

big boy hockey. TB knows how to win, plays extremely dirty, has a large defence that is also dirty and runs loads of interference and most of the habs stood up.

-we see the importance of Arber, holy shit, the liberties TB was taking. He played great, physical, solid first pass...he's coming along.
-Thought Guhle also had a good game - the D in general was relatively solid.
-1st line was invisible. They played against an elite checking line and were contained. Up until CC's goal, which was because of Anderson, he was invisible; playing the periphery and doing very little. I love him but he worries me because of how small he is and ineffective vs large physical defences.
-We see the importance of having big forwards in a game like his. We see when Anderson decides to wake up. slaf also played well. Armia too.
-Whats the point of Ylonen if he can't even score in the SO? no goals in 39 games. They needed Pezz tonight. Stupid not to dress him. maybe they're shopping jesse.

sweet dreams suckers!
Yep Habs need more grit on the 4th line. Ylonen ain't it

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Ya right, that would send the right messages to our young guy's.......right
Of course they aren't going to do it. They have good young players like Suzuki that have been with the team for years already. Chicago can because they dumped every NHL level player to tank.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I only watch the first 2 periods but seem like TB are getting the benefit of the doubt from the ref…

Considering we have been missing 2-3 players that would play top 9 minutes, a few guy that will progress. I think a lot OT/ shoutout will go our way next year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Disappointing result. No points for Suzi or Slaf.
Strong game from most except Kovacevic, Matheson, Anderson and Gally.
Pearson and Ylonen are so bloody invisible.
You just said strong game from most then named 1/3 of the team as being negative. I expect about what we got from Ylonen playing with Peatson and White, with 4th line minutes.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I only watch the first 2 periods but seem like TB are getting the benefit of the doubt from the ref…

Considering we have been missing 2-3 players that would play top 9 minutes, a few guy that will progress. I think a lot OT/ shoutout will go our way next year.
Partly young players for the reffing, partly the jerseys. The Toronto refs can’t help their team but they can dump on the habs. Narratives over reality in the ref reviews.

The power play is so bad. I could feel the tying goal coming in the pre-power play commentary.

Kovacevic fell down at an inconvenient moment but I like his game. He’s not a first pairing D, maybe not an ideal regular season second pairing guy in some games, but he can play D and deal eith big tough teams.

Gallagher looked better than most games and he was still a drag on his line. That’s considering he’s on a bottom line. Such a contrast to how he’d make any line better before this contract.

Primeau looks good. Gazette (forget who) was ragging about how Allen was disadvantaged by playing fewer games this year as though he could play more than one good game in a week. His whole problem is that he’s fine playing rarely.

Todd from the Gazette said Caufield was obviously injured but he may just be deflecting.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
They are making progress as a young team. These young players are learning a ton. Progress
This is bang on.................trust the process guys. Hard to be patient.
Ylonen ha that game, and Vasi got lucky.

Still shake my head at losing Dach in game 2 of this season..............if he is in the lineup we are much happeir with our season. At least we will still get another top 10 pick, which is where most of us thought we would be.

Reactions: cphabs

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Hard earned point, habs battled both the bolts and refs all night.

Tank or not, I can't be mad.

f*** Tampa!
Thought that Gallagher had his best game of the season. He showed speed on the forecheck, was hard on the puck in the offensive zone and battled in front of the Tampa net all game long. Took more abuse than most of our players and should have drawn multiple penalties that would have been called in most other arenas.

Funny, one of my staffers, a huge Leafs fan, said he fears facing Tampa in the playoffs because of the favourable refereeing the Bolts always seem to benefit from. He may be right. Despite his misguided loyalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00