Post-Game Talk: Can-do-no-wrong Bolts win in Shootout!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good game. Montreal play liked shit against Arizona, but then played 2 strong games against Florida & Tampa Bay.

I liked Caufield's game tonight. He had some pep in his step. I liked that he scored too.

A really strong game by Primeau. He faced Hagel, Point, Stamkos, Kucherov & Hedman in shootout and did well. He made some outstanding saves in OT. Kid has come a long way to be a solid backup netminder.

Good game by the young D, and Savard too.

Team worked hard & played with heart. It's good to see that.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Primeau would have deserved the win. Sucks for him. But it's still a very positive game for him. Very entertaining game and well fought by Habs. People shouldn't be mad about this. Our guys will learn to battle by battling. Can't lose everything.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Gotta give MSL credit. He's found some good combos with what he's got to work with:

Guhle good for Matheson, Savard for Xhekaj, Harris for Kovacevic.

Good first line. Best secondary scoring line under the circumstances (our 3 next best offensive players). Solid 3rd line, under the circumstances. 4th line has a lot of shifts in the offensive zone that are close to drawing penalties.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ylonen hit the post in his last shootout attempt, then today beats the goalie only to have his shot hit the but of vasilevski's stick.

He's doing a lot, but coming up an inch short, like the rest of his game. Hopefully with time he can take another step.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
When part of the opposing team's game plan includes getting your players to run into each other in the d-zone because of their man on man coverage, your coach might just be an idiot.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Suzuki/CC/Dach/Newhook/Slaf = 23M$ next year...

22M$ + Slaf's 2nd contract the year after that...

Bolts have 25M$ locked in Kuch/Point/Cirelli the next 2 yrs.

Laffs have 24$ locked in to Matthews/Nylander the next 4.

If I'm KH, I'm going very aggressive this summer & next season to add a quality top 6 W, a middle 6 pk skilled/physical puck hound, and a reliable/physical bottom 4 RD...

Do that, and we're a contender. Gotta be aggressive now to maximize the years where we are getting elite play from Suzuki/CC at such a small % of the cap & Newhook/Dach/Slaf are on ELC/RFA deals

Last edited:

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Disappointing result. No points for Suzi or Slaf.
Strong game from most except Kovacevic, Matheson, Anderson and Gally.
Pearson and Ylonen are so bloody invisible.

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Considering the amount of 1 goal losses and OT losses despite the injuries and the youth, I think this team is growing and going into the right direction. As the youth gets in the roster and they gain more experience, the playoffs might be closer than I thought.

An effective Xhekaj makes a huge difference for this team

His potential is very high. He can be a nightmare to play against defensively, has enough offense to play as a top 3D and his physicality can change momentum. To me, he's an untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad